#1 January 8th, 2004 06:30 PM

osiristhegreat

males on this?

I was wondering if males were allowed to subject themselves to to this site or not? If so, if others would oppose or be for it? Just curious. I'm indifferent.

#2 January 8th, 2004 06:54 PM

Head

Re: males on this?

osiristhegreat wrote:

I was wondering if males were allowed to subject themselves to to this site or not? If so, if others would oppose or be for it? Just curious. I'm indifferent.

ISM_Boys will be opening in a few weeks but I have to say the standard so far is not exactly Mapplethorpe.  There's something about the female form with it's softness and curves that makes it a much more forgiving subject for the camera than most males, but there are many exceptions, and we hope we find enough to make it work.  For the time being it'll be a free site, updated whenever we get a good set.

What does everyone else think?

#3 January 22nd, 2004 02:34 AM

cyryl

it would be a really good idea, indeed. not that i enjoy looking at men, but it surely is interesting smile

#4 March 8th, 2004 07:27 PM

paloo

where do i submit?

#5 March 14th, 2004 09:43 PM

frmjamlaw

Head wrote:

ISM_Boys will be opening in a few weeks but I have to say the standard so far is not exactly Mapplethorpe.  There's something about the female form with it's softness and curves that makes it a much more forgiving subject for the camera than most males, but there are many exceptions, and we hope we find enough to make it work.  For the time being it'll be a free site, updated whenever we get a good set.

What does everyone else think?

Is the web-site up and running yet? If so, what is the url?
I know what you mean about the female form. I took some pics of myself (wow, was it invigerating!) about 2 months before I found ishotmyself. when I saw in the news that you were planning a male version, I dusted out the pics. They seemed crass and crude after looking at all the beautiful women on this site.
Do you have the same people looking at the pics of men and pics of women? Maybe women would have a better feel for the male pics??

Keep up the good work!  And if anyone was to ask, I would recommend getting your camera out and having a go yourself! It really is a liberating experience!

frmJamlaw

#6 April 15th, 2004 09:22 PM

rintoo

Did this site ever open?

#7 April 15th, 2004 09:36 PM

Head

rintoo wrote:

Did this site ever open?

Not yet.  I should have appended that post - we originally planned to open Boys along with the extended site which launched in February.  What we have done is accepted some shoots from MF couples, of which one is already up.  If we can get enough good material we'll open the Boys' site, when we aren't so busy improving the Girls'!

Board footer