#1 July 29th, 2019 04:15 PM

viva

ISM nostaglia

I was feeling a bit nostalgic today for some old ISM folios and then I got to wondering... whose was the VERY FIRST folio on the site? I did some sleuthing and found this gorgeous girl Ruamali, and her folio Cowchic. Cowchic! I don't even see any cow stuff in the folio? No idea how it got the name... Also check her bio, it cracked me up! If someone gave those answers now, we'd be like... hmmm can you try a little harder please?

Anyway this amazing folio is hot and hilarious and really set the mood for what would come to be such an incredible ode to the art of the nude. Amazing that ISM started before we even coined the phase "selfie".

Here's Ruamali's folio, for those interested: https://www.ishotmyself.com/public/view … io=cowchic

here's a few choice shots in case you're feeling a bit lazy or need that little push~!

view_image.php?g=cowchic&f=e5102e61d59aa1fddfb292eddf.jpg&m=img

view_image.php?g=cowchic&f=fbaabcd16eca1e2da9cf766d293951e.jpg&m=img

view_image.php?g=cowchic&f=f5af4f4eaf6437215e5826bfa.jpg&m=img

What about you guys? Who are your favourite contributors from the past?

#2 July 30th, 2019 06:33 AM

mori910a

Re: ISM nostaglia

That's a hard question Viva, there have been so many, and they get confused with contributors on IFM as well (where I miss those wonderful movies of several women all giggling and playing with each other which don't seem to be happening nowadays so much). One ISM video, in particular, has always haunted me, and I can't remember even her name, a young woman in a grubby bathroom or somewhere crying and speaking in German or something similar. I've always wondered what had happened to make her so upset and post a video (or several?) about it. One other that sticks in my mind is the young woman who did some videos of her recreating for ISM her dances in a strip joint where she worked which were rather beautiful. There are also the ones who changed names a few times. I downloaded a lot of the sets and movies once it became practical to do, a result of having started during the era of dial-up modems when streaming was something unheard of and almost impossible to actually do. I can remember phot sets from years ago but not the names of the contributors, and wonder what they are doing now, are they even alive, which seems silly for people I don't even know, but their photos make an indelible impression even when the name they chose to call themselves have faded from memory. This reply sounds like an anthem to lost youth... perhaps it is. But keep asking the questions please. All I can really say is that as a man, ISM and IFM have been a window into the world of wonderful, beautiful,  competent women who show how the human race could be if men weren't so convinced they .. we.. have all the answers.

#3 July 30th, 2019 09:39 AM

viva

This is so amazing. I love this reply.

I really understand your feeling, those photos and videos that make an impression, so you wonder who they are, where they are now. I think in part that's what we trade on - not boobs and butts so much as connection, curiosity, and wonder. When we fuel those incredible instincts with eroticism, they take on so much power.

I wish we could track down those videos, especially the crying one. Non-violent crying in erotica is rare and so, so moving for me, because I also cry during sex and get turned on when I cry. Bodies are strange places.

I really love those group vids too. I think they can still happen. Didn't Kenji participate in one not so long ago?

All I can really say is that as a man, ISM and IFM have been a window into the world of wonderful, beautiful,  competent women who show how the human race could be if men weren't so convinced they .. we.. have all the answers.

I think you don't need to be so hard on yourself or your entire gender. In fact, ISM and IFM are windows into the world as it truly is. The problem is that other media isn't representing a full scope of truth, and while it is an ostensibly  patriarchal society, it's not just men who support and perpetrate that. I think both men and women have answers and essential wisdom, and rather than the ascendancy of one or the other, it's the sharing of it that creates the world I want to be part of.

#4 July 30th, 2019 09:41 AM

viva

I did a search for german contributor made ISM videos. Are any of these the crying one?

https://ishotmyself.com/public/general. … &x=42&y=11

#5 July 30th, 2019 09:55 AM

viva

https://ishotmyself.com/public/view_gal … ?g=a.m.a.b
'
I found it! I wonder what she's saying...

It reminds me of this other amazing one by Lilie, still one of the hottest ISM videos around!!

https://ishotmyself.com/public/view_gal … ?g=trickle

#6 July 30th, 2019 10:12 AM

viva

I wonder what they were thinking naming that german video "a.m.a.b". What did it mean then? Now, it means "assigned male at birth"...

#7 July 30th, 2019 07:21 PM

mori910a

viva wrote:

https://ishotmyself.com/public/view_gal … ?g=a.m.a.b
'
I found it! I wonder what she's saying...

It reminds me of this other amazing one by Lilie, still one of the hottest ISM videos around!!

https://ishotmyself.com/public/view_gal … ?g=trickle

Consi - yes, that's the one. I recognised her name. The video itself is now the size of a postage stamp on my 4K monitor, which is a shame.

I love Lilie too. And Trickle is my favourite of hers too. That was 13 years ago!

There are loads I could come up with if I thought about it for a while.

#8 July 31st, 2019 04:38 PM

viva

Mori I would definitely be keen to partake of the fruits of that particular thing sesh! Could you give us a top 5? I just love the trip down memory lane and everyone's are so different. If you show me yours I'll show you mine <3

#9 August 1st, 2019 12:58 AM

mori910a

Well, here are some rather random-seeming ones, and are here because I could find them and remember their names:

Briannah ISM (2009) Dirtydancing & Dancetildawn - video of her dance job at a strip club. She's got such a gorgeous body that shows up every muscle in the shadows as she moves.

Aven Frey ISM Nudelands 1 & 2 videos a road trip across Australia with surreal multiple exposures at times, and eerie music like the music Ry Cooder created for the movie Paris, Texas. And lots of nude scenes. And cows.

Perpetua IFM & ISM IFM videos Tempest 1 & 2 -(2009)  Perpetua, a beautiful woman from Spain masturbating in a loft with large windows during a storm. And Vernal, ISM, her first folio from 2008.

Manko ISM Iconological 1& 2 2013. Manko is a professional artists model and this is a video series about what that is about. On the other side of Manko - Pussy Riot 2012, in support of Pussy Riot, if you remember their protest against the Russian government.

There's one more I was looking for but can't find atm - it's a naked woman walking through a tunnel which is part of the kiln complex of some sort of factory as far as I remember. It's very atmospheric and a bit spooky.

That only leaves several hundred more to go.

Mori.

Last edited by mori910a (August 1st, 2019 12:59 AM)

#10 August 1st, 2019 10:38 AM

viva

Incredible list!

Just to recap I'm going to post a little pic from each of these contributors, so anyone passing by can get a nice visual!

Briannah - displaying her amazing flexibility in her first folio, "LadyLux"

view_image.php?g=LadyLux&f=97cc97202130257335976d964ccc.jpg&m=img

Aven - my hero

view_image.php?g=wideopenrd_2&f=39685c8a8a54725f19b4de9453.jpg&m=img

Perpetua, stunning dusky beauty, from her first folio, "Vernal"

view_image.php?g=vernal&f=072271dfaa014814ae94526b9eda.jpg&m=img

Manko, all round ISM superstar, from her political folio Pussy Riot:

view_image.php?g=pussy_riot&f=2e68d70fba745ce1677aaa57b68cb.jpg&m=img

and a mysterious 5th....

#11 August 1st, 2019 02:37 PM

viva

Okay, now for my five...

As you say, Mori, there are SO many!

Here are my five for now...

Gala - she's my predeccesor I've never quite succeeded in filling the subtle intelligent beautiful heart pounding shoes she left. I'll always be in love with her.

view_image.php?g=lie_in&f=c99bfadc0220764a5a56345daf64a33d.jpg&m=img

Noefois - she won the art prize by one point the same month I was nominated for my primary! That one vote was my vote! Her folio was better than mine smile

view_image.php?g=palabrasfrescas&f=17c685e1c2f29ef3b05d281a7c441.jpg&m=img

Chica - sweet hippie dream babe

view_image.php?g=akimbo&f=0a65142dbf3d606a9bf4af037a45bace.jpg&m=img

Lilie - yes, I love her, she looks like me if I had a perfect body, I love her!

view_image.php?g=xo_lilie&f=c2280836a9503774391c31044.jpg&m=img

and

Strawberry - so prolific and amazing, such an amazing woman and the best tits this side of heaven.

view_image.php?g=plaything&f=b7299e72f5b3484af5c06294bf9.jpg&m=img

Last edited by viva (August 1st, 2019 02:40 PM)

#12 August 1st, 2019 06:23 PM

mori910a

If you're having Strawberry, don't forget Cle wink . Especially getting waxed.....

And don't forget yourself Viva - "Shh" is s lovely set, I especially like image 176 which is a work of photography in it's own right.

Mori

Last edited by mori910a (August 1st, 2019 10:14 PM)

#13 August 5th, 2019 09:41 AM

viva

Ooooh I look so dramatic!

view_image.php?g=shh&f=bef928eea8c04da7b6d1ecd1b5a2d970.jpg&m=img

Last edited by viva (August 5th, 2019 09:41 AM)

#14 August 9th, 2019 03:56 PM

susie

Hey all!

This thread has been a great trip down memory lane. What an awesome bunch of early woman were shooting for ISM. The "good old days" eh?! Strawberry and Lille are the best - so amazing seeing their gorgeous faces after so long.

I think I was the third or fourth contributor to the site waaaaaay back in the day. Susie here. Hope you're all well & happy?! Just thought I might pop by and check out what ISM was like nowadays and it's looking fantastic of course.

Cheers,

Susie

#15 August 11th, 2019 10:28 AM

mori910a

Another contributor I liked from the early days was Pia. She posted from 2004 to 2007 and was quirky, dorky, and didn't like cameras. And quite adorable.
This is from her last folio Superfresh, from 2007. If the link works....

view_image.php?g=SuperFresh&f=e514b091a05a73900ccfc29064f4.jpg&m=img

#16 August 12th, 2019 09:36 AM

viva

SUSIE oh my gosh, I want to roll out the red carpets... what a freakin honour to see you around these parts!! your work is so iconic! Would you consider doing a reload?

#17 August 18th, 2019 03:56 PM

susie

viva wrote:

SUSIE oh my gosh, I want to roll out the red carpets... what a freakin honour to see you around these parts!! your work is so iconic! Would you consider doing a reload?

I think I'm pretty well retired now...but never say never I guess!

Board footer