#1 March 19th, 2018 09:28 PM

mori910a

Download speed of about 40k.

Hi,

I'm only whinging about the download speed for zips, not the site, which is great. For a while here in the UK I've been getting speeds so slow (43k this afternoon) that the download times out after a minute or so, even using a download manager which I don't usually need on ISM. I mentioned this issue on the forum previously a couple of years ago, however it still seems to be happening a lot of the time.

When this happens the download usually runs at a few Mb/s which is fine, until about a quarter of the way through when it drops to a few K. I can sometimes force it to run at several Mb all the way through by cancelling the download and restarting it repeatedly until it decides it will run to the end (a matter of seconds when it's all working).

I know this is affected by the number of users on the site at various times of day, but ISM is actually the only site I visit that has this issue consistently. Is there anything that can be done to at least give a reasonable minimum speed without timing out?

Regards, Peter.

#2 April 9th, 2018 02:59 PM

Ivy_Jean

Re: Download speed of about 40k.

Hey mori!

We are planning a small downsize on folio size shortly, this will most likely roll out in May - hopefully, this helps!

~ ISM Editor ~

Board footer