#1 October 15th, 2013 10:06 AM

blissed

Subjects of desire

None of us are objects of desire because desire isn't objective. Perhaps the language we use creates societies misconception that there is one objective standard of hotness we must adhere too or not be valued. If we reject that notion and embrace diversity, we can feel comfortable to value and respect hotness up there with having a degree or a great singing voice.

#2 October 15th, 2013 10:24 AM

viva

Re: Subjects of desire

Having a degree is not subjective. Neither is having a great singing voice, really, since we have objective standards of pitch and skill to measure vocal abilities.

#3 October 15th, 2013 11:27 AM

blissed

Wether someone has a good singing voice is subjective. Our standards of pitch and skill are diverse, they're not objectively  fixed and they're very much linked to an over all emotional connection with the listener. The degree is in there because it's respected, I didn't say it was subjective. Both of those things are pretty obvious. Your post seems deliberately argumentative. Do you resent me posting here.   

#4 October 15th, 2013 11:29 AM

viva

Oh blissed, I was procrastinating a bit from my work and I thought to engage your topic in debate, not to offend you!

#5 October 15th, 2013 07:41 PM

blissed

Well I'm posting at my leisure. I dread to think what some my posts would be like if I posted from work smile Lol

Board footer