#1 September 25th, 2013 07:00 AM

blissed

Orange is the new black

I haven't seen the show but it's nice that a trans person is visible on mainstream TV. Here's a nice interview with Laverne Cox. I personally need to see these moments wether in shows or trans people as presenters or being interviewed because though my conscious mind loves it all, my asshole subconscious still needs more convincing and has a slightly disconcerted reaction when not knowing if someone is male or female. I wanna get rid of that. because I'm dual gendered, and quite like the notion of me beiing able to decide where on the female to male line I want to my appearance to be, So when I see people who've done that, I think what's good enough for me is good enough for everyone else. 

http://www.upworthy.com/someone-told-he … n=trevorfb

Last edited by blissed (September 25th, 2013 07:02 AM)

#2 September 26th, 2013 09:59 AM

Laney
Administrator

Re: Orange is the new black

I agree, it's good to see trans people on tv, it's very normalising.

Has anyone seen this show? What's it like? smile

Editor/Admin/Forum queen

#3 September 26th, 2013 10:04 AM

viva

Pocky loves it! I really want to watch it but am finding it hard right now to find tv time...

#4 September 26th, 2013 11:23 AM

pocky

I do love it! It took me a few episodes to get into it, but once I did...OH BOY! Can't wait for the next season next year! The characters on the show are amazing, and it's so interesting to find out their back stories and why they ended up where they are, especially in the case of Laverne Cox's character, Sophia.

#5 September 26th, 2013 11:38 AM

Laney
Administrator

Sweet! I might get it after work tonight. I haven't had a TV show obsession for a little while now so I'm looking forward to it smile

Editor/Admin/Forum queen

Board footer