#1 July 31st, 2012 01:19 AM

dukesforever

Anyone from Melbourne?

Is there anyone from Melbourne? Just wondering....

#2 August 1st, 2012 10:59 AM

artemesia

Re: Anyone from Melbourne?

there's a few of us who are from melbourne here dukesforever, and as you probably know, it's tooo cold to type!!!!!!!!

some of us will confess it in the currently living in section of the artist's profile, but i'm afraid i can only dob myself in smile

are you from melbourne duke?

#3 August 1st, 2012 09:25 PM

dukesforever

Hey there...nice to meet you. Yes I'm from Melbourne. smile I'm a newbie to this place. At least there was one person from Melbourne who cared to reply for my post. big_smile Yeah same.. I can't wait till summer.

#4 August 1st, 2012 10:53 PM

blissed

Reporting here from the hight of summer in England such that it is :) I have been to Melbourne though, does that qualify :)  I would think most people involved with ISM are in Melbourne. I approve of Melbourne it's nice!

#5 August 1st, 2012 11:51 PM

artemesia

melbourne thanks you blissed!

#6 August 2nd, 2012 01:11 AM

Willo

I'm a melbournian big_smile also new to this but enjoying it

#7 August 2nd, 2012 11:00 AM

blissed

Hi Willo and thanks artemesia. I love the street art in Melbourne. Be nice to go there again this winter. We need a forum post competition. First prize £900 smile

#8 August 2nd, 2012 11:01 AM

blissed

Or I could do 12 beautiful agonies smile

#9 August 2nd, 2012 09:25 PM

Willo

Haha what kind of competition did you have in mind??

#10 August 3rd, 2012 07:15 AM

blissed

What I had in mind was one specifically designed for me to win smile

#11 August 3rd, 2012 10:46 AM

veronicaf

Artemesia and I just lol'd.  Specifically designed to win competitions are the best kind in my opinion.

Another Melbournite here, dukesforever. 

And  yes blissed the street art is kinda awesome.  A friend of mine did this great work and I just wish I had some pics to show.  She went around Melbourne looking for traces of demolished buildings (If you look up at some of the old buildings here you can occasionally find bricked up doorways and windows where the buildings had been joined in some way), and filled them with paste-ups of herself.  She went back to one of the sites several months later to see if her work was still there.  It was what had once been an old home and was now a gravel carpark with just the traces of a roofline and doorway.  When she got there she found a drunk man lying fast asleep on the gravel, head on a curb, in exactly the position where a bed would have been.  Perfect.  If I ever find a pic again I'll post it.

#12 August 4th, 2012 09:07 AM

blissed

That sounds cute. Derelict buildings are a great opportunity for artists. There's a closed derelict pie factory near me and it's lovely. After a year closed it's starting to turn into a garden with grasses poking up through the cracks in the concrete and shrubs and flowering plants popping up between the ripped and torn buildings (all the scrap metal was sold and removed through big holes in the walls).

And it's lovely and quiet.

#13 August 6th, 2012 01:52 AM

dukesforever

Anyone wants to hangout sometime? Looking forward to meet new people in Melbourne. smile

#14 August 6th, 2012 10:30 AM

artemesia

How long have you been in Melbourne duke and from which side of the river do you hail?

#15 August 6th, 2012 07:37 PM

dukesforever

Hi Artemesia, I arrived here around 3months ago and residing in eastern suburbs, Chadstone. How about you?

#16 August 7th, 2012 10:47 AM

artemesia

It's surprising how big this city really is. I think it would take me about 1 1/2hrs to get to Chadstone from where I live. I am a northside householder.

The thing I love about living in Melbourne is the peoples intense commitment to life-stylism. It's not about having the prettiest house or anything, but deciding on what's important in your life and living accordingly.

###excerpt deleted###

Last edited by artemesia (February 11th, 2013 01:59 PM)

#17 August 11th, 2012 03:00 PM

dukesforever

Wow. That's a nice article. Thanks for sharing with us.
By the way I would love to hangout with some one from Melbourne or to make friends. smile
I have been in Melbourne for little more than 3months now. This place would be more beautiful if I had some real friends. Maybe I'm just bad at making friends. neutral

#18 August 12th, 2012 09:20 AM

artemesia

hey duke, i doubt it's you. melbourne can be a bit insular. Or actually, to be honest, everyone i know is an artist and it seems to be the busy part of the year at the moment. the best i can suggest is to do what i did and start volunteering for friends of the earth or some other worthy co-operative or campaign. get involved in some activism!

#19 August 17th, 2012 04:36 PM

_gethsemane_

Melbizzle in the hizzle.  (Yes, I too, am in Melbourne)

It is also THE most livable city:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/na … 6450134842

Boom-tish!

Board footer