#1 February 12th, 2012 08:02 AM

Keri

Favorite folios/vids?

Just wondering what some favorites are among the members. I find it hard to search through countless artists and find something I like based on one little thumbnail... If anyone would be so kind as to chime in, I'd appreciate it.

Always yours,
    Keri D.    @mysteriona8   keridmodel.tumblr.com/

#2 February 12th, 2012 10:47 AM

Keri

Re: Favorite folios/vids?

There's also a folio I'd love to find; dollhouse, nude stockings, red suede shoes, glass of white wine, light brown curls.  Her picture is shown in the shoot yourself section and had always caught my eye. Her name isn't shown sad

Always yours,

#3 February 12th, 2012 11:29 AM

ashmedi

Keri ... Looked at the thumbnails and determined that there are 2 that may fit, both in red shoes with wine, but I can't say I recognize them, sorry, wish I could help ...

And as to favs, That is a tough one because what I like and turns my crank may not do anything for you. There are thousands of folios and I haven't got a clue. My favs would be ones done outside, or in good light inside, and I love eyes, lips, and the female form in general and the girly bits specifically ... Basically, every folio will have something for me ... and without knowing what you like, it would be hard to suggest anything out of the thousands available ...

I am absolutely no help to you on your quest, sorry sad sad

Ashmedi is an ancient demon of rage and lust.
Rage is not my thing, but I must admit to committing my favorite of the 7 deadly sins for most of the contributors smile

#4 February 12th, 2012 11:41 AM

Keri

Ah well that's alright. I have the sense that people here are quite private and I respect that. I hope everyone enjoys my folio, the anticipation is killing me! Lol you said turns my crank wink

Always yours,

#5 February 12th, 2012 11:49 AM

ashmedi

Ya, I have discovered that on all 3 Feck site forums ... Have you done any reading of the forums at BA or IFM? Just curious smile
I was Ashmedi and currently am Ashmedi1 at BA and was Ashmedi.  Ashmedi1, and currently Ashmedi2 at IFM ...

Anticipation smile  It's about 35 hours till I see your folio smile

Last edited by ashmedi (February 12th, 2012 11:52 AM)

Rage is not my thing, but I must admit to committing my favorite of the 7 deadly sins for most of the contributors smile

#6 February 12th, 2012 12:11 PM

Keri

Lmfao...you're so finite and exact, I'm sure I wouldn't have been confused between 1 or 2, the name itself being quite unique. From what culture did it derive? I studied pagan religions for years and don't think I've ever heard that one... Sounds ayurvedic? Indian?
As to your question, no I haven't gone on the forums on ifm or ba. I will definetly will try to.

And yes its got me singing Carly Simon in my head....

Always yours,

#7 February 12th, 2012 12:50 PM

ashmedi

LOL <3 I don't like confusion, so yes, I am finite and precise. Not sure why I told you that because it's not likely you'd be doing forum searches smile and that's the only scenario where you need the exact name to search or the search doesn't find everything ... moot point like I said smile

Ashmedi ... lol I found one reference to an old web page that I thought had been deleted by the ISP at the time. This is the search I used as I couldn't remember where I got it from ... "ashmedi demon of rage and lust"

and this is copied from the webpage ... I just took the name because it was unique and nobody else would be using it smile

Ashmedi is synonomous with Asmodeus, and used to be the name of one of my pet budgies who had a death wish. Ashmedi and/or Asmodeus was the demon of rage and lust and I believe the names were based on Persian mythology. The current search engine info turned up no info for Ashmedi, and indicates that Asmodeus was the jewish 'King of Demons'. I like the Persian reference better, although the names do not fit my character, personality, or temperament. Well, not as far as rage goes, however the lust part might be right on.

If you search with 'DogPile', you get a ton of info, including the following two.
From the encyclopedia Brittanica
Asmodeus - Hebrew ASHMEDAI, in Jewish legend, the king of demons. According to the apocryphal book of Tobit, Asmodeus, smitten with love for Sarah, the daughter of Raguel, killed her seven successive husbands on their wedding nights. Following instructions given to him by the angel Raphael, Tobias overcame Asmodeus and married Sarah.
From the encyclopedia Mythica
Asmodeus - An evil spirit. He appears in the Apocryphal book of Tobit. Although he is described in later literature as the king of demons, in Jewish folklore he is mischievous and lively, a figure of fun and often a friend to people. He is said to disturb marital happiness, and it was Asmodeus who strangled the seven husbands of Sara during her wedding-night.
Asmodeus originated from the ancient Persian demon Aesma Daeva. Latinized form of the Hebrew Ashmedai.

#8 February 12th, 2012 02:07 PM

Keri

Wow, so informative thank you! It's so interesting that it is apochryphal, I have always been so intrigued with the hidden texts that its been my email address.for over ten years. What a strange name to choose, upon inspection, finding it's inference being so disruptive. You don't seem the type to mess with people, but the jovial and lively quality I do sense in you....

Always yours,

#9 February 13th, 2012 12:05 AM

ashmedi

Keri wrote:

...  What a strange name to choose, upon inspection, finding it's inference being so disruptive. You don't seem the type to mess with people, but the jovial and lively quality I do sense in you....

LOL, as I said, I deliberately attempted to find a name of an ancient god I could use across multiple sites over time ... Unfortunately all the Roman, Greek, and Scandinavian gods were already in use ... wanted something so unique and unknown that others wouldn't use it before me ... I was going to use Asmodeus but other people had already taken it so I went for the other. Don't read anything else in smile I am easy going, go out of my way NOT to mess people up, am a girl watcher for a long time, sense of humour, and do my best to compliment, flatter, and flirt in a non-offensive way smile  and have no rage whatsoever, and it's only coincidental that lust and girl watching go hand in hand wink

I need to apologize for monopolizing and hi-jacking your first 2 posts, If somebody talks to me I tend to talk back, and I will invariably ask questions (curious) and answer any question ... but this may deter others from posting in theses threads because they feel like they are interrupting. The one on one conversation is better suited to email, FB, or chats and not really a forum altho it doesn't really bother me, it's just hijacking your original purpose for making the thread ... so I do apologize ...
Tomorrow you should start a new thread and I promise not to make more than one post or comment smile wink

#10 February 13th, 2012 03:56 AM

GreenKat

Oh god, i have so many fav folios!
But what I love the most is duets and girls with lots of tattoos smile And my fav video is mine(the last one)! Haha, kinda of narcissist, but you have to love urself

Ashmedi, I'm so waiting my 2 future folios, they're done outside and I'm dying to see what pictures did ISM used and the reactions.

Last edited by GreenKat (February 13th, 2012 04:02 AM)

I am the happiest woman among all women

#11 February 13th, 2012 04:14 AM

ashmedi

GreenKat wrote:

Oh god, i have so many fav folios!
But what I love the most is duets and girls with lots of tattoos smile And my fav video is mine(the last one)! Haha, kinda of narcissist, but you have to love urself

Ashmedi, I'm so waiting my 2 future folios, they're done outside and I'm dying to see what pictures did ISM used and the reactions.

GreenKat ... I have loved your videos as well smile
Another video I really liked was Rouge_Soie ... Hula lula

And GreenKat - I loved your folios, all of them, as well and outdoors would be lovely, I will be waiting wink smile
And while I am at it, Your BA submissions are also among my favs ... still hoping there may be seconds coming smile

#12 February 13th, 2012 05:48 AM

Keri

Yes, ashmedi, I had figured most other dieties would be taken, they usually are... And I have been searching through and find that my favs are usually echoed in the forums or in comments. Innerspace is truly amazing, and I hope to eventually create something so moving. I'm sure I'll find my way around alright.  You didn't interrupt, or throw me off at all, but I do see the reason for others to feel leery.
Thank you Xo

HOLY COW! I'M SO NERVOUS ....

Last edited by Keri (February 14th, 2012 04:40 AM)

Always yours,

#13 February 13th, 2012 09:02 AM

artemesia

Keri wrote:

dollhouse, nude stockings, red suede shoes, glass of white wine, light brown curls.  Her picture is shown in the shoot yourself section and had always caught my eye. Her name isn't shown sad

keri, that sounds like you are describing Manko's folio- dollhaus

check it out here

manko is soooooo amazing, i i<3gina cherie, nio, viva, dwam, ahhh so many.... check out past threads on the forum, there have been a couple of threads like this so there should be a bunch of other suggestions floating around. I know I posted a topic like this a while ago...

xx

#14 February 13th, 2012 09:11 AM

ashmedi

I am falling behind in the tech scene due to vision loss and haven't chatted anywhere except the site you don't want smile and I respect that ... seriously, I do smile

I take it IM is Instant Messenger? I may try it and you may see me, it will depend on how hard it is to set up ... Because most sites require I solve that stupid Pictogram or Kaptcha to gain entry, I am basically locked out because I can no longer read anything that is not standard block letters ... it's beginning to really suck to be me ... but I will investigate it smile wink

And don't be nervous smile After it is up start a new forum thread, but be aware that most, if not all, comments will be on the folio, and not in the forum ... and while I can't prove this, for every written comment there are probably 10,000 others too shy to say anything ... But I won't be too shy smile <3 ... I also won't be first and probably won't see it and you till 7:30 or 8 EST ...

#15 February 13th, 2012 09:19 AM

ashmedi

@ artemesia

And I see you are following Keri on Tuesday the 14th smile
btw, loved your IFM videos and when I saw them I came to ISM to search for you, was surprised at the time to find you there, but not here smile
May I ask if you are on BA ??  Just curious smile

Last edited by ashmedi (February 13th, 2012 09:19 AM)

#16 February 13th, 2012 10:21 AM

Keri

Artemesia: yes I have found those threads and are most helpful! And thank you soooo much that is the folio I so hoped to find. What a goddess! Can't wait to see yours coming up too! Xo
Ashmedi: yes It's a yahoo instant messenger. I also use heytell and vox. And believe me I feel your pain my dear, two optomitrists (sp?) have said I may have degenerative myopia, and eventually may go blind. I have no words for how I feel about it, all visual art being a huge passion. When that day, if ever, comes... Only music will save me.

Only a few more hours!

Always yours,

#17 February 13th, 2012 10:38 AM

ashmedi

Awww Keri, you're too young for that ... I feel your pain, but maybe there is a cure on your horizon. I hope so smile
I lost my dominant eye, central vision, to Macular Degeneration 6 years ago, the brain still has trouble reading or recognizing people with the left eye, make lots of typos and don't notice missing words, and it has been failing for 3 years now ...
I agree, sight is everything, if I had a choice, I don't know what I'd pick to lose, but sight wouldn't be it ...

About 12 more hours in my world <3 smile wink

#18 February 13th, 2012 10:55 AM

Keri

Aw that's so terrible and I'm sorry. Life is so cruel sometimes, believe me I know. And about being too young we'll see, I'm not so young. I just hope to create as much as I can before my light goes out. I love to paint, and am starting again after two years of becoming a mommy and all.
I don't know what I'd choose between sight and hearing. Makes me think of 'see no evil, hear no evil' w gene wilder and Richard pryor... I'll try to find humor in anything...

Always yours,

#19 February 13th, 2012 11:13 AM

ashmedi

Well I believe you are very young in comparison, I wish you the best.

I was into Stained Glass, computer graphics, and every hobby I had required sight, but that would apply to anybody actually. I lost the use of the dominant eye soewhere between 10pm and 10:15pm July 6, 2006 ... it was that quick ... one minute I could see the computer, 15 minutes later I couldn't read the forums or see the icons ... my story sad ... oh, and it goes without saying, but I miss driving and the freedom to just do what I want when I want ... good thing the bus service is adequate smile

And I loved that movie ... maybe one of the funniest movies I have ever seen smile

Less than 12 hours for me, less than 5 hours till the upload smile wink

I hope you sleep tight <3 lol

Last edited by ashmedi (February 13th, 2012 11:14 AM)

#20 February 13th, 2012 11:29 AM

Keri

I almost cried reading that, I can't imagine. And as for the movie, I have some of my best memories watching 80's comedies with my dad, rip. Xoxo have a great night.

Always yours,

#21 February 13th, 2012 11:36 AM

ashmedi

Keri wrote:

I almost cried reading that, I can't imagine. And as for the movie, I have some of my best memories watching 80's comedies with my dad, rip. Xoxo have a great night.

Sorry, I need to learn to keep my problems to myself ... Sorry for your loss and my belated condolences to you and your family ...

80's movies eh? ... ya, You're still awful young wink

#22 February 13th, 2012 12:26 PM

Keri

Oh no, don't feel that way. I've been through harder things than parental loss, believe it or not. I'm not easily shocked, upset, or put off either. Don't feel that way please. It's funny I have many friends on Twitter who love to look at my pics but in DMs we talk about our pains, our fantasies, our lives. I'm very open and I appreciate you being open.
And yes you shall all see my age in the folio I didn't lie... Lol

Always yours,

#23 February 13th, 2012 12:33 PM

ashmedi

Well I have checked your images on tumblr and you will be a very young looking whatever then, cause you really do look young smile

I expected you to be in bed by now so you could be up early, or are you planning on staying up to see the folios birth in 3.5 hours?  LOL ... When I was younger I could have stayed up, not so much any more smile

Last edited by ashmedi (February 13th, 2012 12:34 PM)

#24 February 13th, 2012 01:09 PM

Keri

Lmao, haven't decided yet. Watching some tv, hubby's in bed, baby asleep. Who knows what may happen. Lol.

Always yours,

#25 February 13th, 2012 01:18 PM

ashmedi

Keri wrote:

Lmao, haven't decided yet. Watching some tv, hubby's in bed, baby asleep. Who knows what may happen. Lol.

lol smile Well I am calling it a night ... hope the anticipation doesn't keep me awake smile see ya on the forum after I have started my week right with a peek at your pics ...

Sleep tigght and sweet dreams smile wink

Board footer