#1 December 23rd, 2011 08:59 AM

Anya_K

New to ISM, Is shooting youreslf the ultimate expression of Narcissism

I think it might be.

My photos went up just last night and i'm fascinated with looking at them, of myself out there on the internet in all my glory.
Looking at your own body objectively and trying to create this fable of yourself is a narcissistic thing, but in a good way i think.
Being the photographer and the model - you are making love to the camera, which is essentially yourself, and making love to yourself is never a bad thing.

But anyways, HELLO EVERYONE
I hope you like my happy snaps!

twitter - @ladytronanya

#2 December 23rd, 2011 09:21 AM

luftwafferabbit

Re: New to ISM, Is shooting youreslf the ultimate expression of Narcissism

I love your happy snaps Anya smile  You have such a shapely, womanly body and beautiful curves. My favourite is the curvature of your bum while lying on the ground, it's so beautiful and erotic all at once!

I hope you do more folios, you are gorgeous.

#3 December 23rd, 2011 09:26 AM

Anya_K

Thanks! I'm planning to do another shoot very soon, just trying to decide on a theme

twitter - @ladytronanya

#4 December 23rd, 2011 10:18 PM

Anya_K

Any suggestions?

twitter - @ladytronanya

#5 January 5th, 2012 12:04 AM

Josepha

I think it may have a narcissistic side... I shoot myself for over 3 years now and in the beginning I wanted all the pictures to show me in a flattering way... to underline everything wth pretty make-up and poses and I definetely wanted to drool over my own beauty. By now it has changed. I changed. My body is a dfferent one and I mostly do it to get to know myself and to celebrate the woman that I have become. It helped me a lot to get over insecurities that I build up and it makes me feel good... so it is more therapeutic I guess...
In the end it depends on the person or situatuion... but I guess when it is a narcissistic thing... then only in the good ways. A little self-love is never wrong. smile

#6 January 5th, 2012 06:11 PM

Anya_K

Haha I like that! It is nice to get to know your body a little better. I have a tendency to get all hypercritical about myself (thanks western media!) and doing this shoot allowed me to let go of that a bit (though I will admit I did edit out a few unflattering angles) maybe its like therapy, with every shoot you get a little closer to conquering all those ingrained insecurities

twitter - @ladytronanya

#7 January 8th, 2012 04:51 PM

carlh

Anya I can't imagine what you have to be insecure about - you have a gorgeous body and you photograph it very well by the way.  I love the way the string interracts with your skin.  It'd be great to see a folio with water, or another liquid, sort of rolling around your body parts.

#8 January 9th, 2012 11:27 PM

Anya_K

Aww thanks carlh! I'll see about the water shoot, I'm currently learning erotic massage as a hobby and maybe I could use the oil. It has a thicker consistency so it would be easier to keep on my skin.

twitter - @ladytronanya

Board footer