#1 January 5th, 2012 12:16 AM

Josepha

Getting to know yourself...

So my first folio went online and it made me think about all the things that are good about my 3 year long self-shooting experience.
I am new to ISM but I irst started taking pictures of myself 3 years ago.
By now there is not a week that I am not shooting and I have so many techniques and ideas to do it all by myself... it was such a beautiful process and made me a really confident person. I know my body with all flaws and everything I find beautiful about it and this is so empowering for me. smile

I guess self-shooting has different aspects for me. For one there is the Body-Love aspect. I watch myself, know myself and embrace it...

Then there is the sexual aspect cause it really is thrilling for me to share the pictures. To see people react.

There is the aspect that I want to be creative and think about ideas and make them become a picrure. A vision that I carve into celluloid so to speak tongue

I find it much more interesting to do this all by myself. I used to work with photographers but it is much less of a creative and emotional process for me to stand somewhere in a pretty dress or naked and act like someone else wants me to... I much prefer doing what I want.

So... long talk. I hope you all liked my first set for the site. It was a really new thing for me to shoot a whole set holding the camera in my hand. Normally I use remotes and tripods but the way I did it now... I think it feels more intimate...

So check out my folio here: http://ishotmyself.com/public/view_arti … olio=swoon
and leave me some feedback... I would really appreciate it. smile

You all have a good week wink

PS: here is a sample of the work I normally do... so that you get the idea. big_smile

tumblr_lx6z6y2w6q1qc0nlto1_500.jpg
tumblr_lx6z6y2w6q1qc0nlto2_r1_500.jpg

Last edited by Josepha (January 5th, 2012 12:20 AM)

#2 January 5th, 2012 02:24 AM

GreenKat

Re: Getting to know yourself...

Ur folio is one of my new favorites. You're amazing,your body, your eyes, your red hair <3, your tattoos <3!
And ur shots! Omg! I'm dying for a talent like yours, and a good camera.
Welcome to ISM and I hope to see more from you

I am the happiest woman among all women

#3 January 5th, 2012 09:30 AM

veronicaf

Oh those pics at the bottom of your post are beautiful Josepha.  I love it when contributors put so much thought into their folios and really get into the creative process.

You should check out the inspiration thread as well.  I'd love to see your input.  smile

#4 January 8th, 2012 04:52 PM

carlh

Beautiful pictures Josepha.  You should ask ISM whether you can submit a sort of 'retrospective' of your self-shots going back 3 years.  I'm interested to know more about the sexual aspect, as a guy I guess that's what interests me most here.  My reaction was, as you might guess, one of arousal, to some shots in particular - the idea that you want us to see those parts of you, is a huge turn-on.  Is that a turn-on for you as well?

Last edited by carlh (January 8th, 2012 04:57 PM)

#5 January 9th, 2012 09:16 AM

viva

Josepha, thanks so much for sharing these pictures. We wondered about your artistic experience based on the gorgeous quality of your folio and it is really nice to hear more about it here!! How did you first start shooting yourself?

I love when people share their personal artwork here, especially when it happens to be this kind of retrospective self-shooting - it gives a super-dimensional feel to your folio and the personality you build her as a contributor. Likewise I like it when people share candid shots of themselves shot by others.

#6 January 21st, 2012 12:54 AM

Josepha

Hey... first thank you all for the feedback. smile I am super impressed and happy that you all connect to my work in that way wink
I would love to do a retrospective and that is a really nice idea. smile
I also checked the inspirational thread and will take some time to share the photographers with you that inspire me to do what I do.

Concerning my arousal. Shooting myself naked has a huge sexual aspect for me. I love it when people get to see my pictures and me in my natural form and nudity. It is partly a turn on, partly way of self expression, partly a creative process that makes me feel all happy. smile

I am happy to share some of my work with you.
If you are interested in seeing more of what I do you can also check out my blog.
josepha-olala.tumblr.com

#7 January 24th, 2012 09:30 AM

viva

I checked out your blog, thanks for sharing. I realllllly enjoy those double set antiquey shots you do of yourself, you are really beautiful.

Board footer