#1 September 16th, 2011 03:56 AM

ashmedi

A question for the admins

Firstly I just love todays "Extra" folio and certainly hope she makes many more appearances smile

But her alias is Makesaythink ...
Is that a typo because it would make more sense and be more apropriate if it was MakesYaThink ... I think the AY part should have been YA ...
What do ya think ????

Ashmedi is an ancient demon of rage and lust.
Rage is not my thing, but I must admit to committing my favorite of the 7 deadly sins for most of the contributors smile

#2 September 16th, 2011 04:23 PM

veronicaf

Re: A question for the admins

Or is it perhaps, as suggested by our awesomely resourceful receptionist Pocky, a reference to these guys?

Last edited by veronicaf (September 16th, 2011 04:24 PM)

#3 September 16th, 2011 11:58 PM

ashmedi

I graciously bow to the superior logic and search capabilities of Pocky smile

I honestly thought it was a typo ... Who would have thunk there would be a band 120 miles down the road with a name made up of 3 verbs ... but since I don't like jazz I wouldn't have known them anyways smile

It does however point out another problem I am having since I lost the use of my dominant eye and have to rely on a damaged left eye that is still being trained to do what the defunct dominant eye used to do with ease ... That is probably another part or extension of why long words, sentences, and paragraphs are so confusing to me ...
In this case, and without the use of helpers, Makesaythink would have been easier to comprehend if the name had of been MakeSayThink, or  Make-say-think or  Make_say_think ... In the absence of helpers, my limited comprehension either ignored or gave no credence to a compound word made of 3 verbs and instead locked on a word which made gramatical sense even if spelled in a slang form ... Still analizing and trying to comprehend how my eye-brain is actually working these days as opposed to the days when I could see and read and comprehend with the best of them ...

So thank Pocky for the answer and for giving me more insight into my own apparent problems smile I will say tho, I still like my Makes_Ya_Think smile

Last edited by ashmedi (September 17th, 2011 12:01 AM)

Ashmedi is an ancient demon of rage and lust.
Rage is not my thing, but I must admit to committing my favorite of the 7 deadly sins for most of the contributors smile

#4 September 19th, 2011 10:50 AM

pocky

No problems Ashmedi smile

Board footer