1. Index
  2. » Project_ISM
  3. » Voting

#1 July 3rd, 2010 10:43 AM

kar0O1O

Voting

Hi,
I wonder why only "primary" folios can be voted, as if "reloads" were beneath notice in order to further, new, "reloads" from the same artist.

For instance, last "reload" by Roe, just like her two "primary",  is sheer Poetry and her pictures, even singly, are sublime.
kar

#2 July 3rd, 2010 10:02 PM

ashmedi

Re: Voting

And I wondered the same thing a few months ago. Davie was non-votable and her folio was a first time upload, and Lindsay was the same, 1st time but not votable ... seemed unfair that I couldn't vote for either of them sad I'm sure there are many others as well, but those 2 are burned in my brain ...

Ashmedi is an ancient demon of rage and lust.
Rage is not my thing, but I must admit to committing my favorite of the 7 deadly sins for most of the contributors smile

#3 July 3rd, 2010 11:03 PM

kar0O1O

Yeah, Ashmedi... I was nearly thinking hadn't be clear enough (English is not my native language). In my case, I couldn't say whether my Fav was votable or not at her first folio, 'cos I've joined in a few days ago... However, I would repeat the question: wouldn't be better if members were allowed to vote not only for primary folios but for reloads/overloads as well (in order to promote further new stuff from their favorite artists)?

It would be great if someone at ISM was kind enough to respond.

#4 July 5th, 2010 02:12 PM

veronicaf

Hi kar0O1O,
In response to your question, we mainly ask for votes on primary folios to get a better idea of which contributors you would like us to invite back for reloads, and to short-list the artprize contenders.  Generally with reloads we've noticed the contributors popularity by that stage and have already invited them back once, but of course if they are interested in contributing further we are more than happy to chat to them about their ideas. 

Of course if you are really keen on seeing more folios from someone in particular, whether it be a first time or return contributor, do leave comments on their folios.  We often check the comments to see what members and contributors have to say, and I'm sure the contributors also love to hear your feedback.  smile

#5 July 6th, 2010 01:01 AM

kar0O1O

Hi veronicaf,
thanks for responding. I know there are plenty of really sexy other Contributors on ISM, but as you can see I'm really keen on *Roe* smile and I'm glad you've noticed she deserved a reload. Great! Besides, I strongly hope she's interested in contributing further on ISM and, if it's not inconvenient for her, she can let me/us know in this Forum, or in her comment boxes, *something more* about her experiences and her plans at ISM and more generally on the Web as an Artist/Model/Contributor(?)
Thanks again.

Last edited by kar0O1O (July 6th, 2010 01:03 AM)

#6 July 6th, 2010 08:55 AM

ashmedi

veronicaf wrote:

Hi kar0O1O,
In response to your question, we mainly ask for votes on primary folios to get a better idea of which contributors you would like us to invite back for reloads, and to short-list the artprize contenders.   .... smile

Veronica, that was my point, I didn't get a chance to vote for Davie because even tho she was a first timer, she was considered and available as an Extra, not a primary folio.

I can understand excluding a reload, but I can't understand why an original and first timer would be excluded, that doesn't seem fair to all the first timers who are uploaded as an extra, and not the daily primary set.

Just my $0.02 ...

Last edited by ashmedi (July 6th, 2010 08:56 AM)

Rage is not my thing, but I must admit to committing my favorite of the 7 deadly sins for most of the contributors smile

#7 July 6th, 2010 10:54 AM

veronicaf

Oh, sorry, I misunderstood.  I've jotted it down and I'll look into it.  Always good to get a bit of feedback.  If you ever have any other ideas on how ISM can be improved please post them here  Were looking into an ISM upgrade at the moment and your input is incredibly helpful.
Thanks guys and gals.

#8 July 7th, 2010 09:18 AM

ashmedi

Thanks Veronica, and not to belabour the point but today is another prime example,
2 folios by first timers, Nicita is votable, but Juno is not.

I'm also fairly certain that the voting option for Primary only is rooted in the old days when ISM offerred a 2 tier pricing arrangment.

But I'll get off my soapbox and trust in the higher powers to make all first timers equal in terms of votes.

I will check your link, but I love this site as it is, and can't think of anythng to improve it. Well actually I can but it's not likely you will pay for airfare for my favorites to come and visit me for a few hours and make the ISM experience a bit more real smile  smile

#9 July 7th, 2010 10:18 AM

kar0O1O

ashmedi wrote:

2 folios by first timers, Nicita is votable, but Juno is not.

It seems Juno isn't a PRIMER:

SHIMMERCHIC BY JUNO // ADDED 06 JUL 2010 12:00AM // OVERLOAD

On her profile I can see  only  one folio  though. No idea. What does OVERLOAD mean?

#10 July 7th, 2010 11:54 AM

ashmedi

Hey Kar

You must be looking at something different from me or a different view.
I can't see this

"SHIMMERCHIC BY JUNO // ADDED 06 JUL 2010 12:00AM // OVERLOAD "

anywhere on her profile, but since I have vision problems, I could be missing it.

An OVERLOAD would be a second folio by the artist, and would be in the Extra category ... Anyways the powers that be will surely educate me smile

#11 July 8th, 2010 12:28 AM

kar0O1O

Ashmedi, you should read that on top of the thumbnails at: http://ishotmyself.com/public/view_gall … himmerchic
Hope this will help.

However, if an OVERLOAD is a second folio, I wonder why only one folio appears on Juno's PROFILE. And ask: where is PRIMARY Juno's folio?

But perhaps "OVERLOAD" means kinda "extra" or something similar, and  if that is the case and the lovely Juno is at her first folio experience on ISM, then *I would like to vote for Juno* 'cos:
first, I love her pictures (of course together with Roe's ones ); and second, as veronicaf said, to render a better idea of which Contributors I would like ISM to invite back for reloads.

TPTB will surely educate me too wink

#12 July 8th, 2010 09:06 AM

ashmedi

Thanks Kar ... I missed seeing it in that location, vision sucks and white on grey is not easy for me to see right away, it tends to get lost smile

#13 July 8th, 2010 10:19 AM

veronicaf

Hi again smile

If you're ever stuck, quite a few topics are covered in the Help section of the site.
Which is where I found this handy dandy explination....

What do the symbols next to Search results mean?

[36/3.9M] The folio contains 36 images and the ZIP file is 3.9Mbytes

Reload - this is not the artist's first folio
Overload - this is a folio which didn't fit the format for the daily schedule
Duet - this is a folio featuring two people, usually a couple

#14 July 8th, 2010 12:57 PM

kar0O1O

Thanks veronicaf fot the clear explanation big_smile

1. Index
  2. » Project_ISM
  3. » Voting

Board footer