#1 August 5th, 2012 06:22 PM

Edith_May

Ever surprised by the images they use?

Hey there lovely ISM-ers!

My second shoot has finally gone up, yay! Seeing my folio made me wonder... for those of you out there who have participated in ISM, are you ever surprised by the photos they end up using in your folio?

much love, E.

#2 August 6th, 2012 10:18 AM

artemesia

Re: Ever surprised by the images they use?

Well edith_may I don't really have that problem, cause I generally have trouble recognising myself in the photo's anyways, and I'm kinda tight with the crew smile But what about yourself... How did the choice of images surprise you? How will it further affect the folios you make?

#3 August 6th, 2012 08:12 PM

Willo

Hey I was very surprised by the photos they used. Granted I did hand in over 200, but the few that I thought were the best they didn't use. Do you know what happens to the left overs??
Curious

#4 August 12th, 2012 01:23 PM

Edith_May

Yeah! There are always a couple I think they will use but they don't, but then again, I'm kind of flattered that they think the ones I don't consider that great to be good!

#5 August 13th, 2012 04:29 PM

artemesia

Willo and Edith, you are more than welcome to tell us which images you'd like us to use.   That's one of the huge perks of posting on ISM, if you have shots that you feel have been overlooked, TELL US! We have the power to do that, even post initial upload too. Nothing really happens to the left-overs for that specific reasons.

Personally I'd really like to see which ones you'd like to have included...

#6 August 22nd, 2012 12:36 PM

_gethsemane_

I usually submit somewhere in the vincinity of 200-300 images per folio, so don't really think too much about which pictures will be used...  I know it will be many less than I handed in.

I also sometimes do a 'rough edit' or 'favourites' folder, with images I particularly like.

#7 August 27th, 2012 03:21 PM

XoxaChahim

Yes I wonder too! In my choo choo shoot, there were some really cool ones with all the signs on train cars that are so suggestive "load from the back end only" or "jack here" or about lube or whatever -  i was shocked they didn't include. maybe it was some kind of liability?

#8 August 28th, 2012 12:04 AM

GreenKat

I m usually  surprised by the photos they use, but I think is hard for them too to select. I'm always curios: what pictures will be on ISM ? big_smile

I am the happiest woman among all women

#9 August 28th, 2012 04:39 PM

artemesia

i'm working on my next folio, and self-editing it at home, i find it really interesting to see how the shots i think are going to work, sometimes end up outta focus, so frustrating! i wish there was a projector attached to the camera so i can see what i have to reshoot at the time! imagine if we were using film!

#10 September 26th, 2012 06:25 AM

kohen

I am!  Sometimes they pick the ones I really don't like... but they know what other people like obviously so that's all that matters!  big_smile

"Art can never exist without naked beauty being displayed."-William Blake

Newest folio!
http://www.ishotmyself.com/public/view_ … ?g=quicken

Board footer