#1 April 25th, 2017 10:47 PM

ashmedi

Ivy or other Admin - Problem?

I see there is a new submission due in 3 days from an artist named  Talia...

Are you aware that an artist named Talia with 4 folios from 2006 to 2010 already exists on this site?

This is just an FYI as I seem to remember that duplicate names have caused problems in the past...

Have a good day  smile

Ashmedi is an ancient demon of rage and lust.
Rage is not my thing, but I must admit to committing my favorite of the 7 deadly sins for most of the contributors smile

#2 April 26th, 2017 09:59 AM

Ivy_Jean

Re: Ivy or other Admin - Problem?

Wow you have a great memory Ashmedi!

Thanks for the heads up! It doesn't seem to be causing any issues on our end because one has a capital letter, but we are going to change it up anyway to make sure it doesn't cause any future problems smile

~ ISM Editor ~

#3 April 26th, 2017 11:49 AM

ashmedi

Ivy_Jean wrote:

Wow you have a great memory Ashmedi!

Thanks for the heads up! It doesn't seem to be causing any issues on our end because one has a capital letter, but we are going to change it up anyway to make sure it doesn't cause any future problems smile

lol ... Something about the name rang a bell...  I know the name Talia can be found with different spellings and with an initial or name appended to make for unique names and a quick search brought her up.
I think any previous problem with same name artists was confusion when trying to do searches...
Anyways, I just thought I should make you aware  smile  and it was my pleasure as my role of Assistant Quality Control  wink lol  xoxo

Ashmedi is an ancient demon of rage and lust.
Rage is not my thing, but I must admit to committing my favorite of the 7 deadly sins for most of the contributors smile

#4 April 28th, 2017 08:58 PM

mori910a

One way around it could be to add the date to the file name, while keeping the same contributor name? Talia.2006 and talia.2017 ?

Board footer