#1 March 8th, 2017 04:38 PM

ricobeast123

It's been nice

today is my day: A day for Cancel

#2 March 8th, 2017 04:57 PM

Aven Frey

Re: It's been nice

Really? How disappointing. I would have thought that your good judgement in supporting ISM would have made you a good ally to women. No?

Last edited by Aven Frey (March 8th, 2017 05:09 PM)

#3 March 8th, 2017 06:30 PM

trevor

Brava Aven and brave all the women who work for Feck, all the women who are artist contributors to Feck, all the women who contribute to this forum (how I wish there were more of them) and generally to women everywhere especially the oppressed and the poor among them.  As a son, a brother, a man and a person I salute you and all of them on this day as on all the days of my life.  Thank you again and again.

Last edited by trevor (March 8th, 2017 06:31 PM)

#4 March 8th, 2017 09:05 PM

musician5763

What Trevor said.

#5 March 8th, 2017 11:13 PM

Skyhawk

Well said.
Amen. ❗️

#6 March 9th, 2017 02:38 AM

ricobeast123

I support women. Two in fact, a wife and a daughter. I don't support feminism or other forms of sexism. I don't support businesses that support any form of sexism, racism, or gender-ism. I will take my business elsewhere. Basically feminism in my view is sexism and I can't abide by it.

Last edited by ricobeast123 (March 9th, 2017 02:40 AM)

#7 March 9th, 2017 04:19 AM

Beckett67

Marking International Women's Day makes me all the more likely to renew.  Kudos, Feck.

#8 March 9th, 2017 08:56 AM

Aven Frey

Trevor, Musician, Skyhawk and Beckett, thank you! I went home last night anxious we had miss read the ISM audience but was so relieved and happy to see your support this morning. - Trevor, I saw your comment last night, thank you for speaking up, this is one of the most important things that men can do for women, speak to other men!

Rico, I don't understand how you think that feminism, which is a movement for equality is sexist? You can elaborate if you like but I've had this argument with men before, men who believe that feminism aims to subjugate men. They have never been able to show many any real evidence to support this view. And more often than not feminist are doing a whole lot more work than these 'feminism is sexism' men ever have to break down the structural oppressions that effect men such as racism and poverty.

#9 March 9th, 2017 09:15 AM

Ivy_Jean

I'm sorry that you feel that way ricobeast123. International Womens Day will be an important day (and has been throughout History) for many years to come. We will continue to stand up for equality for all women until the day comes that we no longer have to (I hope we get there in my lifetime). Feminism is about the advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes. Equality being the main focus. We do not want to oppress men, we want to be treated as equally important in the world.

I am so thankful for all of the positive, supportive comments - specifically Trevor (as always), Musician5763, Skyhawk and Beckett67. You are helping us to reach equality of the sexes, simply by supporting women with your words.

~ ISM Editor ~

#10 March 9th, 2017 10:02 AM

musician5763

Just remember the words of the German philosopher Arthur Schopenhauer: "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." This has been true for every progressive idea in human history that I can think of, especially the great liberal causes of the 20th century. Feminism is one of those. Its eventual triumph is a foregone conclusion; overdue to be sure, but inevitable nonetheless.

#11 March 9th, 2017 11:42 AM

ricobeast123

Well I apologize to this community. What you have here is nice. I certainly stand against laws that would discriminate against any group directly, and also laws that have a side effect, or unintended consequence, of causing an inequity when perhaps the law was made to do something else. I don't need to invoke gender for this fundamental view of fairness. So we basically agree, I just abide by a more general concept of fairness. If you want to pursue this same goal through a philosophy that has for its basis "the advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes", that is wonderful we are on the same side.

#12 March 9th, 2017 01:41 PM

MacKenzie

It's great to see so many messages in support of international women's day smile

Roco, it sounds like you want to support women and be a good ally, but we can't fight for equality without acknowledging the unique obstacles that women face. Treating everyone the same isn't really fairness when women are already at a disadvantage. We need to level the playing field by elevating women as much as possible. As someone who wants equality for all, a great way to help achieve this is to learn about the unique ways in which different groups are lacking equality. International women's day is important because it raises awareness about women's issues.

If there was ever a time to do some further reading on this, it's now! I would direct you and anyone else who similarly wants to be a good ally to this article, which gives a fuller explanation of the inequalities that women live with

http://www.rebellesociety.com/2015/12/0 … -humanism/

#13 March 9th, 2017 01:43 PM

ashmedi

Some of you may remember me from the past and I would like to add my thanks and appreciation for all women in general... I agree with the comments I see here for the most part, and my thanks goes to all the Feck sites and the contributors who have taught and shown me so much...
A major vision crash caused me to let this site lapse as I could no longer see and enjoy the images, videos, and the forum, and all the incredible people I have talked to... and I miss it... Even tho I am no longer a member, I still wander by from time to time to read the forums as best I can...
So, good job every one, Im glad your message got out and was well received, and I wish all of you continued success...  xoxoxo

Ashmedi is an ancient demon of rage and lust.
Rage is not my thing, but I must admit to committing my favorite of the 7 deadly sins for most of the contributors smile

#14 March 9th, 2017 02:18 PM

Aven Frey

I do subscribe to that idea Musician, keeps me from being very sad!

Well said Mackenzie, and great link!

Ashmedi! Whoa! Hello! xx

Last edited by Aven Frey (March 9th, 2017 03:31 PM)

#15 March 9th, 2017 02:36 PM

Ivy_Jean

I second everything Aven just said wink

Hello Ashmedi! Great to hear from you.

~ ISM Editor ~

#16 March 9th, 2017 03:27 PM

ricobeast123

I am glad I came back to have another go at you wusses because I saw new video  RUSTIC_KISS_2 by LYNDSEA
All good with that. very nice.. thanks..

#17 March 9th, 2017 10:27 PM

Head

Wusses?

#18 March 10th, 2017 07:46 AM

Beckett67

Wusses?  What are you trying to say; Rico?

Last edited by Beckett67 (March 10th, 2017 07:50 AM)

#19 March 10th, 2017 09:02 AM

trevor

Well this is just lovely.  Finally extended discussion.  How long I've longed for this.  And in the main, while lively, so very civil.  Just what one wants.

#20 March 11th, 2017 11:34 AM

blissed

looks like I’m gonna have to sort this out smile

You see a long time ago, if a village lost half it’s men in a battle it was still possible to have the same number of babies next year as last year. But if it lost half it’s women, due to high infant mortality, it would take several hundred years to get back to the same population. So women were protected, enclosed, prized, cherished and restricted within a safe zone.

Today, with law and order and the massive open societies of nation states, everywhere is supposed to be the safe zone. Yet we persist with notions that only made sense long ago without really thinking about them. Androism  says why should men fight and die in a war, feminism says why can’t women fight front line in a war too.  Androism says why can’t women ask men out. feminism says why can women ask men out without being shamed.

We can be Feminist and Androist and support lots of other single cause issues too like racism. Just because one person says they’re androist or feminist and is rude doesn’t mean every androist or feminist will be too. There are different kinds of feminists as there are different kinds of people. We need to recognise that Androism is feminism because men and women aren't the same, people aren't the same, we're diverse, but everyone has equal value in the eyes of our lord the great spaghetti monster that is humanity. Problem solved smile

Last edited by blissed (March 11th, 2017 12:00 PM)

#21 March 13th, 2017 02:29 PM

Skyhawk

WOW...
I did not know that!
Never heard of such a thing!
Thank you, blissed.  big_smile

#22 March 13th, 2017 06:11 PM

trevor

Very nice commentary, Blissed.  Thank you.  Of course, the generalities are important in gaining an overall perspective but the application of the general to the specific can be difficult.  One has to be flexible in one's thinking and examine each situation both independently and in context in order to best establish rules of conduct.  Sometimes (perhaps usually?) one has to conclude that there are no good answers, just less bad ones. MacKenzie, for example, raises a very valid point that a group that has long been disadvantaged might very well need a period of favoured treatment in order to bring about the desired equality. It may seem unfair to some specific individuals of the favoured group who in fact were blameless, but nonetheless must give way to a member of the formerly disadvantaged group.\

In the case under discussion here, a very honest and fair minded man might lose out when a competent woman of fairly equal qualifications gets the job in an organisation where there are 25 male employees and 1 woman.  Individual rights and community responsibilities are not in competition, they are in harmony.  Without the concurrent responsibiites, freedom is not truly possible.  So, sometimes, we must all consider in what kind of society we want to live and give way to others instead of grabbing selfishly for what we might want for ourselves.  Of course, this is something that must be considered in a relationship between a couple, within a family, within the workplace, the community at large, the nation and among nations.  This is civilisation.

Of the countries today, I believe the Scandinavian ones do the best job of balancing competing interests and aspirations.

Last edited by trevor (March 13th, 2017 10:30 PM)

#23 March 14th, 2017 11:39 PM

blissed

Affirmative action is needed when ever  it's apparent the people who are selecting people for jobs, or approving business loans, are unfairly prejudiced.

#24 March 17th, 2017 01:51 PM

redbird

Few things piss me off more than hearing someone say that while they (apparently) support women they don't support feminism. Sometimes men like to say that it's the wording of feminism that is a problem for them. To them I say Fuck Off with your fragile ego. People complained about the wording of the Black Lives Matter movement, saying that it should be All Lives Matter. Yes, all lives DO matter, that goes without fucking saying, however they are attempting to communicate the oppression faced by this particular group of people and to ask someone to change it so as to not offend those (who aren't even the ones being oppressed) is insulting and infuriating. To properly highlight the issues present, you need a word that clearly states who is affected by it. It should go without saying but feminism is NOT FUCKING SEXISM. We are not striving for superiority. We are merely seeking equality. The pay gap exists. Women are harmed and harassed on a frighteningly frequent basis. We are constantly talked down to and have to live up to impossible standards that have been set as to how we are apparently supposed to look and behave. It is fucking exhausting.

I LOVE that ISM supported International Women's Day. I can't stress enough how important it is that this is acknowledged and talked about. Ricobeast, I'm terribly sorry that you were inconvenienced so horribly by one day of no women but perhaps you should get some perspective and try to understand how important it is that there is a day dedicated to supporting women and the basic rights we are denied on a daily basis.

Thank you to the other "wusses" who expressed support. You is good people. xx

#25 March 18th, 2017 08:30 AM

trevor

Well said.  Happy kisses to you too, Redbird.

Board footer