#1 July 5th, 2016 09:48 AM

Anais_L

Summer Sprinkle with Anais_L

It was my first shoot with ISM after being away for some time.
I was so excited and you can see it in my pics ;) I also did a video afterwards, I hope you see that too when it comes out.
I would appreciate feedback so that I can take better photos in the future.
Oh and I love all the other folios up at the moment too.
Thanks and Love
Anais

#2 July 5th, 2016 05:08 PM

trevor

Re: Summer Sprinkle with Anais_L

Anais, you are so jolly and playful and joyous---proof that naked and sex too are utterly natural and indeed best.  Why almost all societies suppress themselves is a great mystery; as is why we humans are such a destructive and murderous lot, fouling our own nest in the process.  Hooray for you and your beautiful (really truly beautiful) self.  I wish I too could tear off my clothes and gambol about in the sprinklers with one such as you. It's particularly hot in Rome today.  At least one can still eat very well in Italy and the great culture of many centuries still inspires, as do the many timeless landscapes.  But Italians are still quite repressed.  France and the countries of Northern Europe are relatively more relaxed, at least on beaches and in parks.

Thank you again for your folio and for your words.  I am sure to be one among many eagerly awaiting your video.

Last edited by trevor (July 5th, 2016 07:47 PM)

#3 July 10th, 2016 08:09 AM

Anais_L

Hi Trevor, Thank you for your comments.
Ooooh yummy Italian food, I love ... smile
I also wonder why our societies suppress themselves, why do our bodies have to be covered and sex a taboo? I believe its possible to change it and be free, perhaps slowly some things are changing but there is still a long way to go, if we don't destroy ourselves off the planet first it may happen in a few lifetimes.
My male friend was at a 3 day festival where the girls were topless and some were even nude, and on the first day he says he couldn't help looking at all the boobs and nudity, and then on the second day it became very normal. Do you think it would be as easy for most people and societies to adjust?

Enjoy your sunny days
Love
Anais

#4 July 10th, 2016 10:09 AM

trevor

Anais, thank you for your thoughtful note.  You raise an interesting point when you ask "do you think it would be as easy for most people and societies to adjust?"  I don't know but perhaps some social or cultural anthropologists might have opinions on the subject.  I can only speak from the rather limited anecdotal experience from when I lived in the Netherlands and frequented a nudest beach.  At first, I kept my bathing suit on except when I plunged into the sea.  Perhaps I was afraid of having an erection but, as such fear proved unwarranted, I soon dispensed with the suit.  It all felt quite quickly as natural as it was.  However, people who go to a nude beach are self selecting so I don't think any conclusions can be reliably drawn from this.  As a child I was forever throwing off my clothes until about 6 or 7 when I suddenly started bathing with my underpants on lest my mother should enter the bathroom. The nude beach was many years later and even then I'm doubtful I would have felt comfortable with anyone I knew seeing me other than a lover.

Do you have an opinion?  In any event, alas, I don't foresee a time when humans in any significant population will en masse walk about in the nude.  Lovely to think about and perhaps one day I'll get to visit a nudist colony.

At the moment, I'd gladly trade the summer heat and humidity in Rome for winter in the Southern Hemisphere.

Love,
Robert

Last edited by trevor (July 10th, 2016 10:12 AM)

#5 July 11th, 2016 12:27 PM

Anais_L

That's interesting that you should mention that you were afraid of having an erection. I guess with nudity people could be afraid of things such as erections, not meeting the standards of what the media portrays as beautiful or okay and other things that I can't think of myself. When I've spoken to others about it, the shyness seems to be because they think their body is not beautiful (mainly) and for guys its the erection part ... in my opinion that is also natural, having an erection, but I also understand it may be embarrassing ...

"I don't foresee a time when humans in any significant population will en masse walk about in the nude."
Me neither, perhaps once we learn that our bodies are beautiful the way they are and sex becomes something normal rather than a taboo then we could see that.

I do love fashion and do like to wrap pieces of things around myself and that's pretty too in my opinion, so I hope that we see more people with less clothing, revealing more bits and  bobs soon even if we are not all walking around all nude smile

Have you done Beautiful Agony? Just curious ...

#6 July 11th, 2016 04:01 PM

trevor

Anais, how wonderfully probing you are.  I actually have wondered if there were a public place where one not only could be nude but could allow one's sexual arousel to be seen as natural and indeed beautiful.  I myself have never had any concerns about my body being adequate because at least for me there is no ideal body type.  That's one of the reasons I love Feck so much with all manner of beautiful women in ISM both in body and spirit; ah and the occasional men in the duets.  But to answer your question, I have not contributed to Beautiful Agony.  It must be wondrous to shed inhibitions and give free expression to all of one's nature in a positive way---and to allow exploration?  As for fashion, I love it too but my strong preference is for an aesthetic of harmony--not to be confused with conformity.  Anais, thank you.  It's a pleasure sharing thoughts and ideas with you and others in this forum.

Last edited by trevor (July 13th, 2016 07:44 PM)

#7 July 19th, 2016 08:35 AM

trevor

Speaking of mass public nudity, Anais, the website of the American artist, Spencer Tunick, www.spencertunick.com, is not to be missed.  Let us know what you think.

#8 July 28th, 2016 11:35 AM

Anais_L

Oh I love it!
I have seen his work here and there. Its so pretty to look at the body in this way, as part of a landscape, nude smile

I wonder if he is shooting anything in Australia, I would love to be part of it.

Board footer