#1 April 20th, 2015 08:07 PM

trevor

Edit

Laney, would it be possible for the editor of this forum to let the contributor know the reason why something is edited out of a post--this so the contributor might know what to avoid writing?  I do respect the desire to maintain a consistent tone as well as to respect the sensitivities of all contributors.  Sometimes these lines are not so easy to discern in the particular as opposed to general policy.  Thank you, very much.

#2 April 21st, 2015 10:31 AM

Laney
Administrator

Re: Edit

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, Trevor. There are two forms of post editing I think you might be referring to.

Firstly, members and contributors have the power to edit their own posts. When the line "last edited by laney at 10:45am" comes up at the end of the post - that's what has happened.

Secondly, if a member or contributor posts something unacceptable on the forum, my boss has the power to edit the post to remove the offending content. The forum is a lovely environment so this happens extremely rarely, usually when a member posts a link to IShotMyself content that has been rehosted on a more unsavoury website asking to identify the contributor. The only situation I can think of when we would edit a contributor's post on the forum would be if she shared personally identifiable information (eg. I live in Fitzroy and work at Mr. Burger Monday to Friday). In this case the contributor would be contacted privately to let her know why the post was edited. As far as I know this kind of editing hasn't happened in the past year.

I hope that answered your question. A "forum rules" section might be handy, but mostly unnecessary I think, everyone here seems to have a great understanding of how to have respectful, friendly and sexy discussion.

Last edited by Laney (April 22nd, 2015 10:15 AM)

Editor/Admin/Forum queen

#3 April 21st, 2015 06:21 PM

trevor

Re: Edit

Thank you, Laney.  From your post, I now suppose that a paragraph in one of my posts was unintentionally not purposively deleted. In the missing paragraph, I suggested to Sondrine that she make a video of her ideal library shoot as a duet with another past contributor who would be playing a musical instrument.  I thought that perhaps the editor had deleted the paragraph because I also mentioned the name and date of the other artist's folio.

Board footer