#1 January 4th, 2015 01:19 AM

ashmedi

Viva or Admins - re: Ella & Madison

There is no other method available other than the forums to post this...

Ella from Jan 2nd has a name problem... She is listed as both Ella_C and Ella_E depending on which page you're looking at...
And she was apparently given the login of Ella_C as that is who replied in the comments of her folio...

When searching she comes up under Ella_E and a search for Ella_C reveals a past contributor back in 2012...

Very confusing...

And a forum comment that has been missed, maybe because everyone is on holidays is that Madison, also recent, has a non searchable name as her profile is for Madison _M with a space before the underscore... also confusing...

Hope you all had a great New Year  xxoo

Last edited by ashmedi (January 4th, 2015 06:03 AM)

Ashmedi is an ancient demon of rage and lust.
Rage is not my thing, but I must admit to committing my favorite of the 7 deadly sins for most of the contributors smile

#2 January 4th, 2015 02:20 AM

trevor

Re: Viva or Admins - re: Ella & Madison

Ashmedi, your remarks are very interesting; perhaps especially to those of us who are not so familiar with the workings of the website.  Regarding the noticing of comments on the individual portfolios, might there be a way of the comments also appearing in the forum?  I wish to reiterate how important it is to closely and strictly moderate the forum and comments--something that I think the site managers do very well already.  I think we all know how quickly unmonitored or loosely monitored sites degenerate and are boorish and a bore.  I just think that the full potential for interesting as well as entertaining discussion is a long way from where it could be given the great diversity of the contributors--many of whom are not just beautiful and sexy but also intelligent and articulate.

#3 January 5th, 2015 03:58 PM

Laney
Administrator

Hi Ashmedi, thank you for letting us know about this. You're right, we were all away on vacation but I'm back now and the issues have been fixed. If you would like a more private way to raise these concerns you can use our help form here http://www.ishotmyself.com/public/general.php?p=help.

Thank you Trevor, we have an automatic filtering system that blocks comments with particular offensive words but we also monitor the comments on each folio in case anything inappropriate slips through.

You're very right about the potential for discussion being far from where it could be. We email each contributor a one month membership when their folio is published. some contributors might leave a comment or two on folios or the forum but most don't participate at all. We recently started sending individual emails to contributors as their shoots are published on IFM to encourage them to visit the forum - maybe we should start this for ISM as well. Viva and I are working on ways to encourage forum participation at the moment, hopefully we will have some success soon smile.

Last edited by Laney (January 6th, 2015 09:29 AM)

Editor/Admin/Forum queen

#4 January 6th, 2015 02:21 AM

ashmedi

Thanks Devochka smile   I just hate cluttering up the forum with topics that would be best in a tech forum... Thanks for the info wink

Ashmedi is an ancient demon of rage and lust.
Rage is not my thing, but I must admit to committing my favorite of the 7 deadly sins for most of the contributors smile

#5 January 6th, 2015 02:00 PM

trevor

Devochka, what thoughtful and kind people you are--you and your friends at Feck.  And now it is a pleasure to begin to know a community of thoughtfully respectful people who are regular contributors to this forum. Thank you very much.

#6 January 6th, 2015 02:09 PM

Laney
Administrator

You're very welcome Trevor! Members like you are what makes this such a great website smile

Editor/Admin/Forum queen

Board footer