#201 September 5th, 2014 01:29 PM

Traci

Re: Send me your inspiration lovely people.

Heyyyyyy Devochka! So you know how I recently moved house? And now I have a bunch of blank walls... Well, I was thinking, we should have a 'making things for the wall' party! And do things like play around with the cameras and stuff. I have this other idea too. I want to paint you, then press you against a big piece of paper and bam! Art! Like in school when we used to do that with carved potatoes, except now with a more sexy naked lady. And then put it on my wall. I don't know, I have just been looking at all these pictures, and I want some cool ones like them in my place of abode. Thoughts?

#202 September 5th, 2014 03:39 PM

Laney
Administrator

Heyy Traci! That sounds fun, I'm flattered that you want a paint bodyprint of me. We can do them of our boobs and butt, and of course pussyprints!

Editor/Admin/Forum queen

#203 September 7th, 2014 07:26 AM

polaroid

roystuart_13-662x999.jpg

tumblr_mjl7dfZOOh1s880rlo1_400.jpg

48b2caa4acdcf286e67d646faa59fcbf_L.jpg

Roy Stuart

Find your truth. Face your truth. Speak your truth. Be your truth.

#204 September 8th, 2014 04:13 PM

Laney
Administrator

Roy Stuart's great! I really like his upskirt photos, his fondness for white undies, pubic hair and underarm hair. I watched a couple of his short films, they're not as good as his photos. There are some hot scenes but mostly they're just backstage footage from his photoshoots, which kind of took the magic of the photos away for me.

We have a bunch of his books at the Feck office, I'm lucky to be able to take time to look through them every now and then

07PuUPU.jpg

Editor/Admin/Forum queen

#205 September 8th, 2014 11:39 PM

polaroid

Oh Devochka!!!! Wow!!!! That photo is soooooo HOT!!!!!! That literally took my breath away:):) Those exact Roy Stuart books in your pic (volumes I to III) bring back so many beautiful memories as they were the first really sexual images I ever saw & were a big part of my childhood sexual awakening. I love my memories of being about 14 & finding these books in the bookshop & my heart racing both from the affects of seeing those things for the first time & also being so petrified of being caught at any moment looking at them by random people that I felt like I was going to pass out my heart was pounding so much. Looking back I was so scared but now I realise just how turned on I was at the idea of being caught. Trying to find pictures to post in this thread & seeing a lot of them again for the first time in years made me realise just how much of an affect his work probably had on me by being there at such an important & formative time (eg the fact that I think underarm hair is sooooooooo sexy). I was introduced to so many themes in those books that are probably still a part of me now & i'm really grateful that I was so attracted to those books & their themes rather than the mainstream stuff that friends at school had. Whilst it's hard to tell exactly what affects certain things in your childhood have on your future self, perhaps being influenced by Roy Stuart books started me on the path that lead me to finding & loving ISM so much so that's why your photo was both so cool & soooooooo sexy. Ben xx

#206 September 8th, 2014 11:41 PM

polaroid

ps totally agree on the whole white undies thing...

roystuart_20-660x999.jpg

#207 September 10th, 2014 06:02 PM

Laney
Administrator

Aww I'm so glad that it connected with you like that. It's cool that you gravitated to Roy Stuart instead of mainstream stuff, I wish that I had found him earlier. The two photo you posted here of girls on beds are two of my favourite of his photos. The second one particularly reminds me of IFM, hehe. Speaking of which, I made a video diary entry of myself sitting in that room at work looking through those books and masturbating big_smile. I don't think it will be online for a while but I'll be sure to let you know when it is!

Editor/Admin/Forum queen

#208 September 11th, 2014 09:44 AM

polaroid

Oh wow Devochka….i'm totally in awe right now:) Because of how important those books were to me growing up & because of how totally sexy your photo was, the thought of your video diary is probably the absolute hottest thing I can possibly imagine right now & my mind is totally racing!! You've definitely connected with something that's really special to me & that's felt really amazing. I think it's so cool that you love Roy Stuart's work so much too & that you love the same aspects of his work that i do (the pictures i posted of the girls on beds are my favourites as well & they definitely reminded me of IFM too). I think what those books represented was this really exciting place that allowed me at such a young age to explore developing sexuality through the incredible fantasies that these pictures created in my mind. When i actually bought the first of these books (i think i was about 15) i remember being in the shop for several hours just trying to get the courage to take the book up to the woman at the till…was scary but i remember in the end she just gave me a smile) I also remember lying awake night after night & each night i allowed myself to look at just one page of each book & explored all the fantasies that each picture evoked to me & i'm really glad i had those experiences at that age because having such incredibly detailed & vivid fantasies & being such a visual person i'm sure comes from that so when i think about your video diary i'm kind of imagining that you're experiencing something similar & it's exciting remembering all the photos & trying to imagine the kind of fantasies racing though your mind as you were looking through the books & masturbating. I think it's really hot that you had that experience especially in that room at work as that must have made it even more thrilling:) Ben xx

#209 September 27th, 2014 10:03 AM

polaroid

Selects_Sarah-10-of-16.jpg

Selects_Sarah-1-of-16.jpg

Selects_Sarah-5-of-16.jpg

Selects_Sarah-6-of-16.jpg

Selects_Sarah-12-of-16.jpg

Selects_Sarah-13-of-16.jpg

Selects_Sarah-9-of-16.jpg

Selects_Sarah-15-of-16.jpg

Sarah Christine McCune by Giovanni Lipari

#210 September 29th, 2014 04:34 PM

Laney
Administrator

Wow Polariod, you have such good taste! I've tried to start threads like this on other forums and people just post really weird photos, but yours are always very pretty and sexy.

Editor/Admin/Forum queen

#211 September 30th, 2014 01:36 AM

polaroid

Thanks Devochka:):) Means a lot you said that. Knowing how super-hot, dreamy, sexy & beautiful your own shoots are & also how much i love the photos you've found & posted in this thread so far, i think you have such good taste too:) Photography is my absolute passion in life, whether its creating my own work or searching for & admiring the work of others so it's really cool we seem to love the same kind of images. I love this thread & knowing you're enjoying the stuff i'm finding so far means i'll definitely keep sharing them here & if you find any other beautiful stuff i'd love you to share too:) Ben xx

10269335_719101251446206_5729928954274219648_o.jpg

maud-nue-lit-slbd.jpg

tumblr_n1xjsftF0H1qcsy25o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n2liy5xMK91qcsy25o1_1280.jpg

Theo Gosselin

#212 September 30th, 2014 10:05 AM

Laney
Administrator

Ben, these are awesome! Beautiful, arty and erotic, I love them all. Where did you find them?

Editor/Admin/Forum queen

#213 September 30th, 2014 11:22 AM

viva

These are so beautiful.... especially the cat and feet <3

#214 September 30th, 2014 12:29 PM

polaroid

Hey Devochka:) wow, it's so cool you loved all of those so much too!!:):) these images I've posted recently I found in a really amazing online magazine ( http://www.c-heads.com/about-c-heads/ ) which showcases work by photographers who create exactly the kind of aesthetic which exists in my own mind, fantasies, dreams etc & which just like you I find so beautiful, arty & erotic. I love this magazine & am so excited to find it & also to share it with you as knowing now just how much you love photography like this too, hopefully you'll love disappearing into that world for a few hours exploring all that exquisite beautifulness too:) In the meantime here's some of my other favourite photos I've found on there so far....Ben xx

tumblr_n59vg7ysWn1rpkvqko1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n55yl4YwAH1rpkvqko1_1280.jpg

Cali-Fuji-9.jpg

Cali-Fuji-10.jpg

Cali-Fuji-17.jpg

Kathryn-Fuji-3.jpg

Olga-Fuji-1.jpg

July-Fuji-14.jpg

Olga-Fuji-2.jpg

Penny-Fuji-4.jpg

Brianna-Aspen-Rad-43.jpg

Danny Lane

D.Hauserman.Lydia-c-heads-13.jpg

D.Hauserman.Lydia-c-heads-5.jpg

David Hauserman

JESSICA-133.jpg

JESSICA-150.jpg

Antonio Andrade

C-HEADS-RENAUD-CAMBUZAT-RAD-15.jpg

C-HEADS-RENAUD-CAMBUZAT-RAD-17.jpg

Renaud Cambuzat

#215 September 30th, 2014 12:37 PM

polaroid

Ps glad you loved the cat & feet photo Viva:):) that's one of my favourite ones of those too, so dreamy...:)

#216 September 30th, 2014 12:53 PM

viva

omg the 2nd one looks almost exactly like devochka!

#217 September 30th, 2014 01:17 PM

polaroid

That's so cool Viva!!!:):):) ps I think this photo is of the same person but I'm not sure...

tumblr_mr0p625pPA1rpkvqko1_1280.jpg

#218 September 30th, 2014 06:00 PM

Laney
Administrator

Cool magazine! I'm going to have a good look through it when I get home, it's the kind of thing I could spend ages looking through. I really like the polaroids you posted. I used to have two polaroid cameras and photographed everything. Unfortunately they rusted from the constant humidity in my home town. Guessing from your name - did/do you have one too?

Viva and I were admiring the filters they've used on the other photos to make them look like film photographs. It kind of reminds me of the film Boyhood, maybe because it was shot on 35mm, maybe because I saw it last night. If you haven't seen it yet, it's SOOO worth watching! It made me feel like I experienced 12 years in 3 hours. Here's a trailer smile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0oX0xiwOv8

Alos so flattering to be compared to her Viva, I think she's skinnier than me with better boobs but our hair and shoulders are similar.

Editor/Admin/Forum queen

#219 October 1st, 2014 07:13 AM

polaroid

Hi Devochka:) i feel exactly the same too, that magazine is something i can happily spend ages looking through (this week it seems i've spent more time there than in the real world!! not such a bad thing i guess) Im really glad you think it's cool…there's some really beautiful photos in there & so i hope you had fun exploring it all when you got home. I really like how they've carefully chosen photography which not only fits with their mission statement but also evokes such a specific kind of not just aesthetic but atmosphere too, so vivid its not just a visual but also very much a multi-sensory experience. Also, the way a lot of the stuff is shot makes me feel like i'm walking into a Lana Del Rey song, which probably has a lot to do with how many of the photographers have, just like you & Viva were admiring, clearly fallen in love with the use of filters & other pp techniques to try & recreate the beautiful dreamy muted colours & timeless elegance of Kodachrome slide film. I wish they still made it, its such a beautiful film & creates such delicious colours. The David Hauserman photos above have really gorgeous muted colours too & although i agree with you that its probably done on digital with filters or film emulation software like Nik Colour Efex Pro etc etc, it's done so beautifully & actually looks very much like Kodak Portra 400 colour film which is my favourite colour film, which has such amazing skin tones & also has those incredible colours. I only use film for my own photography because i just totally fell in love with the look of film, especially the traditional black & white Ilford films i use, the beauty of which just cannot be recreated on digital but also fell in love with the whole process of it, i find it really liberating & exciting, & i use a lot of really beautiful 1960's equipment which gives me such a thrill working with too:)

Its so cool you used to photograph everything with polaroid cameras:):) they're such great fun aren't they:) & like you i love the look polaroid photos create too. You've definitely guessed right from my username that i did use to own one (although i also chose the name because of one of my favourite songs). I think we had the same experience because i used to photograph absolutely everything with it too until it just gave up the ghost & broke & somehow i moved on to other obsessions & sadly never got it repaired or bought another one but it gave me a lot of fun memories. I used to create massive collages of polaroids painstakingly arranged, overlapped & stuck into place to create large abstract artworks. I have really beautiful memories of using my dad's old Kodak Instamatic camera too which gave a similar look & colours but on 35mm (although the film came in these weird cassette things they don't make anymore)...

kodak-one.png

Oh my god Devochka its totally made my day you mentioned Boyhood!!!! Not only do i totally agree about how being shot on 35mm gives it the beautiful look we've been admiring in all these photos but i think that film is one of the most incredible things i've ever seen:):) It's such an amazing, unique & deeply deeply moving project & unlike anything thats ever been done before. It really affected me & i found it incredibly powerful. Some of the scenes in that film totally made me feel like my heart was being ripped out & others will stay with me for a long time. I went to see it on the first day it came out as i'm a massive fan of Patricia Arquette & she's been my favourite actress since i first saw her in Lost Highway (David Lynch is my favourite director) & True Romance which are 2 of the most incredible films i've ever seen too & which i definitely recommend if you haven't seen them!!!:):) Her performances in those films are just staggeringly amazing too & so so sexy & i think the way they're shot fits in with what we've been admiring in this thread too:-

lh006.jpg

tumblr_lstvl5c8YD1qbsjqno1_500.jpg

tumblr_lidae6Mscs1qbn3o4o1_400.jpg

I found her performance in Boyhood to be some of the most breathtaking acting i've ever seen, both in the way we see not just her character but also herself change & evolve as a woman through time, circumstances, life, motherhood etc, both physically & emotionally but also individual scenes too were so hard hitting, like the moment in the garage where she's seen being attacked which i thought was the most powerful moment & acting i think i've ever seen. The way it felt watching that, it was so visceral. We should both try & get anyone who hasn't see it yet to see it!!!! I've been to see it 2 more times & its amazing how each time you pick up all these new things, all these details & moments you missed the first time & how each time you feel you've added so much more to the experience & to what you take from it so i'd definitely recommend going & seeing it again:):)

Ben xx

ps Devochka i think Viva's comparison between you & the girl in the photo should be the other way round….it's her who should feel flattered to be compared to you. I think you're waaaaaaaaay more beautiful than her in every single way. You're so gorgeous & have a natural beauty way beyond hers (& your boobs are so much more beautiful than hers too, you have amazing boobs!!)

#220 October 1st, 2014 10:36 AM

viva

Hey Ben I love what you say about films, Kodak's Portra series was one of my favorites way back when I was shooting film as well. I lived through this interesting aesthetic evolution when I started shooting portra. At first I was obsessed with the Ultra color (UC) and Vivid color (VC) films, and lots and lots of contrast in general, but when I started to explore the Natural color (NC) series I felt I achieved a new level of aesthetic understanding. I began to highly prefer the understated look of the NC films and began to shoot Agfa's 50iso film, which was absolutely amazing as well, and took me back to another level of color saturation and contrast.

I also had the privilege of shooting, developing and printing medium format on my own and that was just incredible, the texture of skin was like nothing else. Here is a medium format image I shot as part of a class project.

ibsMKIWtH7sJSq.jpg

I also adored Boyhood for all the reasons mentioned. I grew up in the US with a single mom and a little brother in the 90s. My experiences were different of course than Mason and Samantha's but it was so amaze to relive those eras (even though they grew up in the 00's, it really looked and felt similar to me). It was so touching on so many levels.

I adore Patricia Arquette too. True Romance is hands down in my top 3 films. To me it is a perfect film. I sort of identified with her body type growing up... I mean she is like, a bombshell, I'm not exactly a movie star level hottie, but she's short and large breasted like me so when I saw her in True Romance I felt so physically inspired to see someone with a similar body type, to look up to and take clothing and style inspiration from.

Through Boyhood, it was incredible to watch her age and change shape. In real life she had a pregnancy during that time as well. Though her character was tired, overworked and downtrodden, she never stopped being beautiful to me. In a way, as a woman now who will maybe soon be starting my own family, I felt inspired all over again to see Patricia Arquette, who I looked up to physically as a young girl, go through the changes of life and motherhood.

Speaking of powerful scenes, I adore the one in True Romance when she gets roughed up by James Gandolfini. I'm kind of a sicko but I actually find that scene super hot every time.

Also Dev, not that it's a contest, but you are unquestionably more beautiful than the girl in those photos. Your body is exceptional, you are simply stunning in so many ways, I could go on and on but I don't want to embarrass you.

#221 October 1st, 2014 03:25 PM

Lena_D

Hey Ben! It's been a looong time since we spoke on the forum! I'm still working on answering one of your post on the thread I had done, where you posted for the first time!! I am SOOO glad to see your posts a bit everywhere around, I love reading you and I would love to speak/write a better English to be able to answer more. Yeah, it takes me so long to write, it's awful and I loose my ideas ^^ I'm so happy you're feeling good around here and you overcame your fear of taking part of the forum (do I remember well ?)

I remember you're a photographer too, and that's why you have that nickname (awesome, once again !). I totally agree with Devochka, the pics you post in that topic are wonderful, I love them. I guess your photographer's eyes have something to do with it wink So what kind of photographer are you, have you ever done erotic pics in that kind (if yes pleaaaase post, just one or two !!) I'm planning on trying to do some with my bf, it doesn't fit with ISM requirements but I guess I could put one or two around here if they are good!!

That thread is awesome, I felt like a kid just watching the pics and not reading everything big_smile

XxXxXx
Lena

#222 October 1st, 2014 05:23 PM

Laney
Administrator

Lena_D wrote:

I'm planning on trying to do some with my bf, it doesn't fit with ISM requirements but I guess I could put one or two around here if they are good!!

Yeah! You definitely can smile

Editor/Admin/Forum queen

#223 October 2nd, 2014 09:02 AM

polaroid

Thanks Viva & Lena, you're both so kind, your messages were really lovely & gave me a big smile:)

Viva, i really loved reading your thoughts & experiences with film too, it was so enjoyable hearing how you went on an Kodak induced aesthetic evolution, its so beautiful how totally absorbed you can get with one series of film & how exploring & experimenting with all the different variations can lead you on a journey which really influences your work & takes you to places you didn't expect. That really gets to the heart of why film is so special to me & why i love it so much. Holy fuck i really LOVE the photo of yours you posted, its absolutely gorgeous with a noir-esque darkness absolutely dripping with the kind of sexiness & enticing mystery that so captivates & draws you in. I adore that so much. You're very talented & i agree completely about the wondrousness of medium format, its incredible. One of my housemates at uni used a beautiful Hasselblad 500C/M & was so much fun accompanying him on shoots & the results were out of this world, i need to own one in my life at some point!! A very different experience to the Nikon & Olympus equipment i love & use for my own work but i think i'd relish the challenge & be in awe of the results. In terms of the look i love to play around with in my own work, i love extremely high contrast black & white which i achieve mainly by using my favourite film, Ilford HP5 Plus 400 & shooting it using natural light at 1600 or 3200 & pushing it in processing to really bring out the contrast & grain in a big way, giving the extremely gritty almost abstract at times look that i've loved for as long as i can remember & which defines a lot of the stuff i create. Here is a scene i shot recently with this kind of technique. It's hard to replicate in the scan the beauty of the print but i think i'm happy with how this one turned out:-

14889195398_f3f6332760_b.jpg

You can achieve really interesting & dramatic results with this kind of look in portraiture too & its also something you can try to experiment applying with filters or software to low quality digital images or phone pics as it can help a little in dealing with the horrible digital noise you end up with especially in low light. Converting to b&w & adding more grain in software can help save an otherwise horribly noisy photo, although you can never make digital noise look beautiful like film grain but its fun playing around with different effects. I've been experimenting with self portraits this way recently which has been fun so in the spirit of shooting myself too, here's one of me that i used this technique on:-

full.jpg

I loved absolutely everything you wrote about Boyhood, Patricia Arquette & True Romance Viva!!:) Its the coolest thing ever that you're such a fan of hers as well & that you love True Romance so much too!!!!:):) You know, i've also kind of felt the same about that scene too, i'm like that sometimes, where i can watch something like that & have this visceral horror & revulsion at whats happening & feel deep pain for the character but at the same time, another side of me is thinking…this is so hot…& i struggle to reconcile the two sides when one judges the other, one is repulsed & the other so turned on. I often wonder whether its normal to be feeling two things at once, but i guess fantasies exist in their own safe space within you & that space exists exactly so you can have the freedom to explore things safely which are so removed from your physical life. The human mind is so incredibly fascinating…i really should have studied psychology!!

And Lena…wow!!!!!:):):) It's so cool & so beautiful & amazing to have you back again around here & to speak again after all this time!!!:) I hope you had an amazing time on your adventures!!!:) While you were gone i absolutely LOVED all your shoots!!!! The duet folios with your bf were A-M-A-Z-I-N-G (you both looked like you had so much fun & that really came through in the photos which were so beautiful!!) & your video was so so wonderful & beautiful beyond words!!!! I was so excited to see you'd wrote to me & your message was the kindest & loveliest thing ever & made me blush!!!:) You're so kind to say all those things & it means a lot you love reading what i write, i cant tell you how happy that makes me feel as i've always had a bit of a love/hate relationship with my own writing. As for your writing…Lena you write beautifully in English!!! French was one of my favourite subjects at school & I would have been so excited if my French was as good as your English. It's far more important to convey a sense of what you're thinking & feeling & that always comes across beautifully in your writing. I understand how you feel though (i lose my ideas all the time too or have ideas when im walking around & then forget them when i come to write!!) as I'm not a very confident writer which is why it's lovely you remembered how it felt for me to finally have the confidence to write on here after years wanting to & how lovely it's been to be part of lots of amazing topics & to have been made to feel so welcome by so many amazing people here. It takes me a long time to write stuff too as I have to persuade myself I'm not writing rubbish. My writing reflects what I'm like in person...I always talk too much when I'm feeling anxious or nervous & find it really hard to say what I want to say in only a few words which is why my messages are far too long & why I always have moments of anxiety after I've posted them because I feel like I'm boring everyone to death with stupid ramblings.

Thanks for what you said about my choice of username & for saying how much you love the photos i've been finding & posting on here…its been fun & its great to be able to share them with amazing people who feel the same way i do about them. I have loads more to share too which will be fun. You're so very kind to say you think i must have photographer's eyes. Thats one of the nicest things anyone's said to me!! With my own photography, I tend to be driven much more by the feeling & atmosphere of moments & places & a desire to capture a feeling that I don't want to fade away, rather than starting out with particular subjects in mind. I sometimes find myself living quite a solitary existence & so this leaves me filling the role of an observer of a world & of a life I see around me which somehow I've never really quite felt a part of. So perhaps trying to capture these moments & atmospheres I feel around me is my way of trying to connect with them somehow, using all the ways I can to try & capture them with an aesthetic which acts as a visual representation of how my mind & emotion interprets & shapes what I experience & see & feel, if that makes any sense at all. I haven't had a chance to try shooting any erotic photography yet, although it's something I would love to do if I ever have the opportunity. My mind is overrun with images & ideas so maybe one day I'll see them realised. I'm totally excited, just like Devochka, at the thought of you planning some with your bf. I know they'll be so beautiful Lena & would be really amazing if you'd love to share them with us here!!!

In celebration of how happy i am at your return & how lovely your message was, i thought i'd share with you a French lyric from one of my favourite songs which i think is really beautiful (forgive me if i haven't written the French accurately):-

Doucement, ne les dérangez pas
Il y a des gens qui vive comme ça

Les artistes de demain
En desespoir agréable

Ben xx

#224 October 2nd, 2014 05:38 PM

Laney
Administrator

Ben you're so handsome! You look like a young David Bowie. I really like the other photo you posted as well, are you a professional photographer?

Editor/Admin/Forum queen

#225 October 3rd, 2014 07:10 AM

polaroid

Devochka you're so kind!! All the bands & artists I love the most have in some way been influenced by him & one of his songs was number one on the day I was born so to be compared to him in that way, I'm really flattered...you're amazingly kind to say that!! Also means a lot you like my other photograph. It's the nicest feeling in the world when someone compliments me on something I've put so much love into & so much of myself into. I feel very passionately about what I do despite being racked with self doubt a lot of the time. I don't know whether I deserve to be called a professional photographer as I feel like for me to say that would in some way imply that I think I'm some sort of expert or better than others which I don't think but I do try & survive & make a living selling fine art prints so if people want to call me a professional photographer for that reason then that's ok:) Thanks again for your lovely words!!:)

Ben xx

Board footer