#1 July 24th, 2021 02:41 PM

navid20

Pubic hair: styles, fashion and reflection of identity

Hi,

After stumbling upon a Youtube video about public hair, i started wondering: I know there is endless diversity in how people keep their pubic hair, but in between natural and fully shaven, what styles of trimmings are there?  Is there something like a fashion in it?

I'm curious, if you like to share, what style do you keep it? If you found a style you like, do you keep it, or do you like to change things up from time to time?  What style would you like to try next? Do ISM photos give you inspiration? Feel free to share ISM photos of specific styles here if you want...

I like to end this message by saying that with this topic I don't want to judgemental or anything. I'm all into body-positivity, every style of pubic hair has beauty in it. Please let anyone feel okay with any style they prefer for themselves.  Self confidence and feeling good in your own skin are key. Some even feel like the way they keep their pubic hairs is a reflection of their (intimate) personality, and that's all understandable and fine,

Anyone likes to share thoughts, feelings, inspirations,ISM-photos?

Last edited by navid20 (July 24th, 2021 02:43 PM)

#2 July 25th, 2021 10:35 AM

ashmedi

Re: Pubic hair: styles, fashion and reflection of identity

Why don't you answer your own post to show others what type of info is wanted?
It would be nice if all the people asking questions provided some answers themselves...

Ashmedi is an ancient demon of rage and lust.
Rage is not my thing, but I must admit to committing my favorite of the 7 deadly sins for most of the contributors smile

#3 July 28th, 2021 10:58 AM

Mikaela

navid20 wrote:

Hi,

After stumbling upon a Youtube video about public hair, i started wondering: I know there is endless diversity in how people keep their pubic hair, but in between natural and fully shaven, what styles of trimmings are there?  Is there something like a fashion in it?

I'm curious, if you like to share, what style do you keep it? If you found a style you like, do you keep it, or do you like to change things up from time to time?  What style would you like to try next? Do ISM photos give you inspiration? Feel free to share ISM photos of specific styles here if you want...

I like to end this message by saying that with this topic I don't want to judgemental or anything. I'm all into body-positivity, every style of pubic hair has beauty in it. Please let anyone feel okay with any style they prefer for themselves.  Self confidence and feeling good in your own skin are key. Some even feel like the way they keep their pubic hairs is a reflection of their (intimate) personality, and that's all understandable and fine,

Anyone likes to share thoughts, feelings, inspirations,ISM-photos?

For the majority of my time with pubic hair, I chose to remove it. I always felt a lot of negative stigma from society in regards to having pubic hair, and it is still commonly (and very much mistakenly) associated with things like "being dirty". I decided to grow out both my pubic and underarm hair a little while ago, and I really loved the experience, and the sense of freedom it gave me to go against the mainstream ideals. I also faced a lot of criticism and questions - I despise the fact that people think it is okay to comment on/question another persons choices when it comes to what they do with their own body. I had several men comment that my underarm hair was dirty, yet theirs was perfectly clean. It was frustrating to say the least. I also had experiences where people adored my fuzziness.

These days, I tend to shave - but now I do it because that is what I prefer, not because I feel that I have. I don't obsess over it, and no longer feel self conscious if I haven't had time or been bothered to shave. If I am going to have pubic hair, I definitely prefer a trimmed style (I have beard clippers that I use to achieve this) over a 'full bush' and I also prefer to keep at least my labia shaved. I don't really have any desire to experiment with different styles, though I suspect that is out of laziness!

#4 July 29th, 2021 08:18 AM

navid20

Thanks for this open and honest reply, Mikaela, this is exactly the style of answer I was hoping for.

It’s great you feel confident enough to keep your hair just as you prefer it. The opinion of others shouldn’t matter, it’s purely your choice and how you feel about it.

It’s amazing how it can feel empowering to make a choice about how to wear your own pubic hair.
I’m a man and I usually keep my pubic hair totally natural. But I remember the first time I decided to fully shave. I loved the sensation of being shaven. It made me very aware of my own body and its nakedness, especially because my then girlfriend helped me with the finishing touches of the shavings.

But once I was fully shaven I didn’t like the feeling of having no hair down there. I felt sort of emasculated. Maybe I’ll try some trimming next.
But it’s something anyone should decide for themselves

I’ve seem photos of different styles of pubic hairs. Some almost make it almost look like an art style. Heart shaped pubes. I’m guessing it feels super intimate to give so much to your own pubes. But also purely natural pubes can feel empowering cause it can equally be a choice.

Mikaela, I’m curious, shaving your labia with a beard clippers. Isn’t that risky business? Not scared for intimate injuries?

Btw, I would like to post photos of styles I find here on Ism but I don’t really find an easy/ easier method to post the photos here.
Thanks for sharing, Mikaela!

#5 August 2nd, 2021 12:05 AM

jeanchristophe

First of all, forgive me for the wording of my English. I do not have a perfect command of the language.
I have had the opportunity to express myself in the forum of this wonderful site that is ISM, of which I have been a loyal "fan", practically since its inception.
I am among the followers of preserving the extraordinary beauty of the human body, in all its forms. This is the case with its hairiness, which is one of the most beautiful vectors of the aesthetics of the human body of women. Whether in near vision or far vision, natural hair is part of the balance of shapes, shadows, contours of the human body of women. I revere the wonderful contributors to IFM who reveal the intimacy of their bodies, without make-up or artifice. The natural hairiness transcends the beauty of the female body. I have known the years when it was almost inconceivable for a woman to wax. I have known those emotional years when I was given the opportunity to discover the body of women and to experience this fabulous moment when I discovered, felt, and caressed these sublime parts of the human body. So I regretted the tidal wave that overwhelmed the fashion of the 2000s where natural hair was becoming inopportune and even to be removed. Thank heavens, thanks to this magnificent development in female independence, things seem to be moving. In Belgium where I live, a group of women have created a great site that advocates the freedom to decide on their body and their hairiness. Since its inception, it has made thousands of members. What a fair return of things !! I will come back soon to share my thoughts on this subject which is close to my heart.

#6 August 21st, 2021 08:37 AM

navid20

jeanchristophe wrote:

First of all, forgive me for the wording of my English. I do not have a perfect command of the language.
I have had the opportunity to express myself in the forum of this wonderful site that is ISM, of which I have been a loyal "fan", practically since its inception.
I am among the followers of preserving the extraordinary beauty of the human body, in all its forms. This is the case with its hairiness, which is one of the most beautiful vectors of the aesthetics of the human body of women. Whether in near vision or far vision, natural hair is part of the balance of shapes, shadows, contours of the human body of women. I revere the wonderful contributors to IFM who reveal the intimacy of their bodies, without make-up or artifice. The natural hairiness transcends the beauty of the female body. I have known the years when it was almost inconceivable for a woman to wax. I have known those emotional years when I was given the opportunity to discover the body of women and to experience this fabulous moment when I discovered, felt, and caressed these sublime parts of the human body. So I regretted the tidal wave that overwhelmed the fashion of the 2000s where natural hair was becoming inopportune and even to be removed. Thank heavens, thanks to this magnificent development in female independence, things seem to be moving. In Belgium where I live, a group of women have created a great site that advocates the freedom to decide on their body and their hairiness. Since its inception, it has made thousands of members. What a fair return of things !! I will come back soon to share my thoughts on this subject which is close to my heart.

We are fellow countrymen Jean Christophe, although I suspect we are from different regions and thus have a different native language.
Which body freedom site might it be you’re talking about? Seems interesting...

#7 August 27th, 2021 07:00 PM

jeanchristophe

It is INSTAGRAM account "Le sens du poil" ; Five young Belgian women have decided to put hair in the spotlight on Instagram to break the dictates of female beauty. To help all women to better accept their hairiness, 5 students from Brussels have decided to launch the Instagram account "Le sens du poil" which shows what we have wanted to hide for so long. This account was created with an inclusive and caring perspective. It is illustrated with aesthetic portraits of women who show and assume their hair. The portraits are accompanied by the testimonies of those women who dared to transgress the norm: "Hair is neither disgusting, nor offensive, nor dirty, nor masculine. In fact, it is simply one of the natural components of the human body, which like other components (wrinkles, stretch marks, cellulite, ...) endure many diktats of society. his site on INSTAGRAM was quickly successful: tens of thousands of young Belgian women joined !! It has been the subject of television broadcasts in France and Belgium. This summer, I was pleasantly surprised to see more and more women sporting their natural hair growth, especially on their armpits and legs. A wonderful homecoming !!!!

#8 November 16th, 2021 01:59 AM

moli70

What contributors presented themselves with pubic hair and without? Lydia_L comes to mind, are there any other?

Board footer