#1 November 16th, 2020 04:12 PM

Waynorth

(Unusual?) favorite body parts

I love the female body. All the variations, the details that set a body apart from others and give it personality.

"Perfect" bodies, teeth and makeup that removes every little blemish for the media image of "beauty" leaves me dead cold. When I see young women striving after  photoshopped glamour bodies it makes me sad. 

Teeth with gaps and and a bit different angles give a smile life and warmth. 
Blemishes, birth marks, scars and other features makes a living human skin.

A female friend once asked me what size of breasts I liked. I got confused, I had never thought of that, I had to say I did not know. She laughed and said "You just want them to be there!". Maybe, but I would not think someone who had gone through a mastectomy was less attractive, probably more, since tough experiences add
a deeper perspective of life.

I have since thought about my favorite female body parts, and it is very hard to decide, but I guess it comes down to hair, body hair.
I usually encourage change, if someone ask my opinion of long, short or coloured hair, or shave, trim or keep the bush.
But there are three areas I would always encourage a woman to let the hair grow.....

On the low of her back, it is a bliss to see the morning sun backlit weave its gold into it.   
In her armpits, I see that as beautiful protest against the "media image". 
On her calves, I just love it!

#2 November 16th, 2020 04:31 PM

Piper_A

Re: (Unusual?) favorite body parts

Hey Waynorth, I love this post and I think it'll be really interesting to see what others share smile
I have to agree with you that body hair is so beautiful - particularly I agree about armpit hair, it's definitely one of my favourite features on women. And on myself too!
I also share your thoughts about supposedly 'flawless' photoshopped-looking bodies! It's interesting; when I was younger and first discovering my sexuality and discovering that I was attracted to women, the 'photoshopped' looking women were my favourite! I think I had gradually been conditioned to accept that a 'perfect' woman didn't have rolls, hair, blemishes, freckles, crooked teeth, etc. I think I'd felt a pressure to conform to those standards myself, and that carried over into the way I perceived the women around me.
Now that i've grown up, and particularly since I became involved with Feck and IShotMyself, I have felt my attraction to women morph into something so much more healthy, genuine, and unburdened by arbitrary beauty standards! I am attracted to all the things my younger self would have seen as flaws. Things like body hair, the lines that are created on the body when you move - rolls and creases of flesh, I also love crooked teeth or tooth gaps, anything that makes a smile unique. I love smiles, genuine happiness and twinkling eyes. I love untamed hair, unbrushed, messy, curly.
I am glad i've experienced this personal growth - it's helped my relationship with my own body immensely, and it's also allowed me to find infinite beauty in other women that we so often fail to see in ourselves.
Looking forward to hearing what else you, other members, and other contributors have to say smile xx

#3 November 18th, 2020 12:01 PM

viva

I love this post, Waynorth, and thank you for sharing. I have often been confronted by media, supported and created by both men and women, that tells me my body needs to fit within certain constraints in order to be acceptable - and even more constrictive parameters in order to achieve beauty.

But then it's been so different in real life, with lovers and with friends. Men don't seem to hate the parts of my body I think they should hate. They seem to love it. They feel beauty in me.... because I am so much more than a 2-D image, or a collection of wrongly proportioned shapes. I'm alive! There's my spirit, my personality, my attitude, my laugh, my challenge, my intelligence, my allure.

I love your answer when asked what size breasts you like. I wonder about people who have a "type" - is your type an observation of patterns you've noticed in your arousal? Or is your type some kind of psychologically imposed ideal that prevents you from really connecting with someone who doesn't match that concept?

I love men who embrace variety, because I am definitely not your standard shape! And I've noticed that my friends who are beautiful in a mainstream way have a lot of male attention, but it's not for them, exactlyt - but for an idea of them, or something they represent. Then when my beautiful friends let their guard down, these men can be actually so cruel - upon finding out she's a whole person, and not just their idea of a fantasy dream girlfriend. Whereas I don't get as much attention, but the men who do love me, are crazy about me, my full self... and they love my body to, just as it is.

Beauty is so complicated.

I have grown pretty comfortable with having lots of body hair, but my next huge hurdle - much more difficult, for me - is going braless! I have big breasts and they're beautifully heavy (fuck the word saggy, such a pejorative), and I have a really short torso so when I go braless my breasts take up my whole chest! People stare and older women especially seem disapproving. I feel that my body is unacceptable, unprofessional, not fit to go to a family picnic unless I'm all strapped in.

But the thing is, bras hurt me so much! Why should I be in pain all the time? Does it really look as crazy bad and insanely unacceptable as I think? I'm torn...

Heres some bonus pics of me! Happily braless, working from home - and then showing off some new shoes, calf hair and all!

UAdqT5Y.jpg

#4 November 18th, 2020 07:09 PM

Waynorth

Thanks for very thoughtful and good replies, Piper and Viva! I loved your bonus-pics Viva, backlit body-hair is so beautiful! I read about an old photographer who said that what made Marilyn Monroe such a good photo model was very much her dense body hair that gave her skin a soft shimmering glow.

"Beauty" is such a complex subject. I have had some relations up through the years, and have been surprised by the amount of "body issues" women seem to have, very much thanks to the ever present "perfect media body". You summed it up very good,  Viva, the difference between media/fantasy and real life. I remember once I told my partner she had a lovely body...and got the answer "You do not know that, you are my lover". That was a bit frustrating, I tell you.

I once heard that many men would like a partner who could shape shift, a long thin blond ice princess at day and a warm curvy lover at night. A bit silly but it may illustrate the conflict between what we really are and how we would like to be seen by others. I just thought that was really weird for many years... having a partner as an ego boost. But...

I once had a brief one-year relation with woman who had a (mainstream) really striking appearance. At home she had lots of issues with almost every part of her body, but fully prepared, after careful makeup and carefully chosen outfit that would show her best features, she was very confident. I remember our first night out when we entered a bar, and I directly felt all eyes on us. Women looking with envy on her, while the men were first looking at her with great interest and then looking envious at me, but also calculating their own odds to push me aside. I have never felt so stared at as I did when I went to buy drinks. I got compliments from other men, which never happened before (in straight bars). All night we were surrounded by men circling around her trying to get her attention whereever we sat or went. It was a weird night, and certainly one of my most boring ones, dancing was a joke with her instantaneously surrounded by bunch of men on the dance floor. But after that I understood the male "partner as a trophy" concept, and that it clearly was not my thing.

Clothes sizes are another weird matter, and I fully understand the frustration for women how are outside the "normal boutique range". Being shown the shelves for child shoes is not fun, neither is it to have to plan a trip the next town to be able to try on a bra that is decently comfortable, but costs a small fortune.

#5 November 19th, 2020 08:42 AM

viva

Waynorth wrote:

I once heard that many men would like a partner who could shape shift, a long thin blond ice princess at day and a warm curvy lover at night. A bit silly but it may illustrate the conflict between what we really are and how we would like to be seen by others. I just thought that was really weird for many years... having a partner as an ego boost. But...

This is such an interesting idea. I feel so sad for this man - who longs for his warm curvy lover, but feels embarrassed to be seen with the same bouncy, adorable girl in public.  Ah, if only she could be cold and thin in the daytime, so people would think that cold and thin is what I truly love! Even having this fantasy is a symbol of a split mentality, which can't get comfortable either way - if he courts and succeeds to connect with the mainstream beauty, he won't have that animal attraction, or she will never be able to live up to his ideal (spoiler alert: even the most magazine-ready beautiful girl has flaws) - and if he matches with the warm, sensual girl of his dreams, he won't be able to fully enjoy life with her because she's not what he believes he "should" want.

And it's weird cause none of these ideas are real people. There's no such thing as a long thin blond ice princess - slender blonde women have all different sorts of personalities, whether they learn to "dress to impress" or not, and their vulnerability, desire, cuddliness and warmth in bed is probably directly related to how gentle, skillful, and trustworthy you are with her. Same as the "warm curvy lover" - I'm her, and sometimes that warmth, sensuality and male-oriented worship is a youth-related coping mechanism for those afore-mentioned media created insecurities we've been talking about. When society tells you you're good for only one thing, it's hard not to become that thing....

I think with women as with men, you get what you give. If you truly love a woman and connect with her authentically, you have the greatest chances of getting to see her warm, loving personality, no matter her body type or hair colour. Every person has love inside them... ready to give, wanting to receive.

#6 March 25th, 2021 05:04 AM

Tjeux

Waynorth wrote:

Blemishes, birth marks, scars and other features makes a living human skin

Oh yes this. Also freckles -- I love freckles so much. And veins, whether in BULGING MUSCLES or visible through skin. I'm not sure why though perhaps because all of these are reminders of what a complex organisms we are, each of us a world.

Of individual body parts I have particular attraction to mouths. And I love that they are so unique; no two people have the same kind of tongue, same kind of teeth, lips, roof of the mouth, uvula... ahh!

And no other site out there appears to explore the details of bodies so comprehensively as ISM. It is really good to be back here!

Viva, you look incredible in those bonus pictures (as you do in your folios)!!

#7 July 19th, 2021 05:59 AM

Artist_Viktoria_D

Waynorth wrote:

I love the female body. All the variations, the details that set a body apart from others and give it personality.

"Perfect" bodies, teeth and makeup that removes every little blemish for the media image of "beauty" leaves me dead cold. When I see young women striving after  photoshopped glamour bodies it makes me sad. 

Teeth with gaps and and a bit different angles give a smile life and warmth. 
Blemishes, birth marks, scars and other features makes a living human skin.

A female friend once asked me what size of breasts I liked. I got confused, I had never thought of that, I had to say I did not know. She laughed and said "You just want them to be there!". Maybe, but I would not think someone who had gone through a mastectomy was less attractive, probably more, since tough experiences add
a deeper perspective of life.

I have since thought about my favorite female body parts, and it is very hard to decide, but I guess it comes down to hair, body hair.
I usually encourage change, if someone ask my opinion of long, short or coloured hair, or shave, trim or keep the bush.
But there are three areas I would always encourage a woman to let the hair grow.....

On the low of her back, it is a bliss to see the morning sun backlit weave its gold into it.   
In her armpits, I see that as beautiful protest against the "media image". 
On her calves, I just love it!

This is so inspiring! Thank you for these words. For all of my life, I've felt high pressure because society imposes the idea that women should be this and that, that their appearance should meet certain standards... I know I have a very beautiful body even according to common stereotypes and I don't really have to worry if I'm attractive or nor but the VERY IDEA that I'm appreciated for (and while) meeting certain standards makes me feel uneasy, unhappy, and - still nervous. It's not easy to take it out of one's head and it's bliss to read things like you wrote, it helps cultivate and enhance the right thinking in myself smile

Board footer