#1 September 23rd, 2015 10:26 PM

artemesia

When I had an office job

#2 September 23rd, 2015 11:32 PM

trevor

Re: When I had an office job

And, Artemesia, I would have been glad to have come around to wipe your tears, too.  All the same, I hope you don't have so many tears now.  Cheers, Robert.

#3 September 24th, 2015 07:55 AM

artemesia

Oh Trevor, you sweet man!

Tell me- how did you celebrate the autumn equinox? How does Rome look in this change of seasons?

#4 September 24th, 2015 05:49 PM

trevor

September in Rome has been unseasonably hot and humid--until yesterday when it finally felt like autumn.  This morning, I was able to wear a long-sleeve shirt and took my dog for a lovely walk in a nearby park.  No doubt, we will have more warm days well into October--remember Rome is more southern Italy than central. so it never loses its green mantle--though a number of its trees undress for the winter, while many Romans wear fur coats regardless of the temperatures once November rolls in.  Naples is only an hour south by train.  We are planning to visit friends in Amalfi in mid-October and expect to be able to swim comfortably in the sea.

So, dear Artemesia, why aren't you here?  In any event, I hope you are having the loveliest of springs in Melbourne, a place I hope to visit someday.  With the woeful situation as it is in the world, I should think you are in a very sweet place.

Last edited by trevor (September 24th, 2015 08:53 PM)

#5 September 24th, 2015 08:52 PM

trevor

Artemesia, you are so thoughtful in commenting on the folios of contributors.  In fact, when I first started reading the forum contributions, it hadn't occurred to me that you too had contributed folios.  Thus, I formed an image of you as a woman who is very beautiful from the inside and it didn't matter what you might look like on the outside.

Recently, I thought to check to see if you might in fact have contributed your own folio and, of course, I discovered that you had indeed.  And indeed, you are as beautiful and delightful in your photographic presentation as you are in your writing.  I am quite certain that many others appreciate you as much as I.  The only tears that should flow from your lovely brown eyes are tears of joy.  And if I were in the neighborhood, I'd be overjoyed to wipe them away too.

#6 September 27th, 2015 07:27 PM

artemesia

This made me all sad and happy to read at the same time. I didn't reply when I read it coz I didn't want to comment on such a nice sentiment. I regularly cry, sometimes from joy but more often from sorrow, even though I am in a sweet place, I really do feel for those who aren't. Sometimes this translates into rage, and activity such as giving my time to fundraisers or just donating some dollars to the ever growing list of worthy causes, or it just results in tears.

One day I'll travel to Rome and see the light on that side of the hemisphere. Luckily my tears were few today, and apparently abating somewhat.

Thanks Trevor aka Robert

#7 September 27th, 2015 08:52 PM

trevor

Oh Artemesia, you are such an intelligent, thoughtful, warm and generous woman.  Remember expressing public sorrow is admirable but allow your private joy to keep you from becoming overwhelmed by the endless sorrows of the world.  I hope you find a partner as loving as you who also shares your values and concerns--and who will appreciate what a treasure you are.  Meanwhile, you have many friends, including this one in Rome, who admire you and with whom you can share your tears, either of joy or sorrow.

Trevor (also known as Trebor)

#8 October 25th, 2015 10:36 PM

trevor

Artemesia, any word from ISM about when your next folio will be unveiled?  Laney?

#9 October 30th, 2015 07:29 PM

artemesia

Soon I hope, but no idea when! I'm really proud of it smile

#10 October 31st, 2015 08:03 AM

trevor

Well, I will impatiently patiently wait.  Meanwhile, kisses.

Board footer