#26 March 15th, 2012 12:53 PM

veronicaf

Re: anarchism and nudity...

But if you say that Anarchy is anti corporate and anti authoritarian how do you suppose we have "only as much authority as we need"?  That wouldn't be anarchy.
I also don't think that all people are capable of doing things for themselves however it's impossible to make that judgement of who is and isnt, since so many people are inherently greedy and only out to make the best decision for themselves. 

Meat dictators fail because they as people have flaws.  I'm a fan of a AI Dictatorship.  Programmed to learn and determined the best outcome for all....If only we had the computational abilities to do so.  <3 GodMachine 

Plus then I'd never have to remember a wallet as all things would be digitally linked.  Oh yes, it would be grand.

#28 March 16th, 2012 09:16 AM

viva

They say true AI is beyond our capabilities at this point, I log onto Facebook and see exactly that - a true AI. The internet functions as predictably and unpredictably as an individual, and almost as quickly. My best example of this is the K*NY phenomenon (no please I'm sorry to invoke it) in which the internet reacted exactly as an emotional, yet rational being would to an emotional plea - at first, overwhelmed with pity and desire to help, immediately after with cynicism and careful fact checking, and then with scorn and condemnation. It was awe inspiring. I personally love our new internet overlords - how can I not? They are ourselves.

Last edited by viva (March 16th, 2012 01:48 PM)

#29 March 16th, 2012 10:36 AM

blissed

Viva, Ray Kurweil has estimated that human level Ai (sentient software agents) will evolve around 2029

Veronica I think I should've said anarchism seems to be a component of a healthy society, rather than anarchy.

Wonder what happens in a country where people who are sentient software agents out number humans. The humans would be the minority vote. Software agents can reproduce by just copying themselves so could vastly outnumber  humans in a matter of weeks, all with vastly more intelligence. If that would be the new voting majority I think the future looks bright smile

artemesia interesting videos. I've only seen the bit of the 3rd one so far where the guy braves a war zone to collect monkey poo and when he gets malaria only takes an asperin and dies. Not a wise move. We transfer genes to our offspring and leave a legacy of culture and technology too.

Last edited by blissed (March 16th, 2012 10:41 AM)

#30 March 16th, 2012 03:43 PM

veronicaf

blissed wrote:

Wonder what happens in a country where people who are sentient software agents out number humans. The humans would be the minority vote. Software agents can reproduce by just copying themselves so could vastly outnumber  humans in a matter of weeks, all with vastly more intelligence. If that would be the new voting majority I think the future looks bright

I would surrender myself and become one....the new enlightenment.  Flesh is weak and has too many constraints.  I want to be able to experience everything and have limitless learning (may take a few upgrades though).

#31 March 16th, 2012 03:44 PM

veronicaf

I do wonder how it would change our erotica though.

#32 March 16th, 2012 05:10 PM

artemesia

ok we have to start a robotica erotica thread now...

now!

I think robotic control and anarchy are pretty much opposed (think primitivism, but, veronicaf, i think you make a good point about who decides how much production is enough. However, i really do believe that humans in communities can figure that stuff out for themselves. And for the record, I'm not a primitivist, most of those dudes are crusty assholes who exist within their own hierachical system where the number of bands they're in gives them more opportunity to get away with behaviour that contrevenes their politics (sorry, that's a personal vent there, whoops.). I'm into evolution, I think technology can give us a lot more than we're currently using it for, and I think that's the only way out of this mess. But it's not government or robot control that will give that to us. Like viva poetical said, our masters are ourselves....

But the main block to achieving the perfect society is overpopulation. We've known for years that we're too big for our boots, and we haven't taken responsibility for it (as a whole, I know a lot of folk out there aren't breeding till we sort stuff out, myself included). I'm not into social darwinism and there alsoseems to be an agenda in america's far-right that wants to see our world tip over the edge with their war on women's reproductive freedoms. Interestingly, the latest Dan Savage podcast discusses these issues and suggests a really relevant protest to this thread. Listen to it and tell me wotcha think.
So can we start that robotic fantasy thread now please?

#33 March 16th, 2012 09:47 PM

blissed

Yeah men are using contraceptives including Limberg. I haven't got time to listen it all right now but I got to the part with the vaginas. We definitely don't need pictures of vaginas everywhere. We need pictures of vulvas everywhere, of clitoral awareness, the  world needs a great wall of vulvas in every city. 

Animals in a nature reserve are self organising. If earth was a reserve surrounded by a new life form and ecology that evolved from our technology that stretched far out into the universe that would be awesome. If humans existed off earth we would seek assistance for any technical or social problems. We'd be like birds nesting in a bird box. So when my last brain implant  replaces the last part of my organic brain, I'm gonna advocate treating humans as I like to treat other species with respect.

artemesia if you think the world is in a mess Peter Diamandis has an interesting TED talk http://www.ted.com/talks/peter_diamandi … uture.html   

Last edited by blissed (March 16th, 2012 09:50 PM)

#34 March 27th, 2012 01:35 PM

artemesia

I just wanted to write a quick update to the femen debate, to protest topless or not.

When attending a femenist discussion group where you have introduced the topic, please always to remember to read the wikipedia article of the group or main points under discussion....

I, uh, didn't and was totally surprised to learn that femen are actually a bunch of nationalists. They began protesting about sex tourism (topless, really?)...
from the wiki
Some of the goals of the organisation are: "To develop leadership, intellectual and moral qualities of the young women in Ukraine" and "To build up the image of Ukraine, the country with great opportunities for women".

and they began the topless protest because it gets more attention, so much for my high flung ideas about chest equality. but god bless 'em if they do start the women's revolution in 2017 like they promise. I wonder if that's because that'll be when most of their main hardcore protestors will turn 30?

so i might take a break from the forums for a bit because i feel like i'm dominating the space, but hopefully you guys have enjoyed the links and thanks so much for contributing to the discussion!

cheers

xx

Last edited by artemesia (March 27th, 2012 01:55 PM)

#35 April 17th, 2012 10:24 PM

artemesia

#36 April 18th, 2012 08:59 AM

blissed

Ha ha nice! :) Hey too many people take a break from the forum. I like your contributions.

I like knitted everything!! :) here's a few. I like the pink knitted tank cover and the little tree branch jumper :)

http://www.treehugger.com/culture/smart … nders.html

#37 April 18th, 2012 09:56 PM

artemesia

oh wow

when crocheting takes it to the limit and makes 3D!

Yarn bombing to the extreme

Yar, I'm glad to be back blissed. I guess it's just sometimes I worry about how my posts will be received. I know that ISM is about changing the perception of the male gaze, trying to force it's nose outta the sky and into the pie, but I still worry that sometimes these posts might not be making their intended message... But silence doesn't help, haha, I shoulda learnt that lesson by now huh? If we are to make the change, we gotta keep on fighting (i mean posting, yiss?)

#38 May 10th, 2012 11:42 PM

artemesia

yes, anarchists can be organised. it's not a contradiction. yes it's utopian, it's also a thousand other words* and yes, we have to hope and believe in fellow human beings.  sometimes i fear the world will change, and us not along with it and that the best parts of humanity will die.

i'll add, i think sex is important, i think it changes us in how we relate to human beings. i think about how tragic bodies are, their dependency on the thin hold of atmosphere this spinning world produces. how we need to support other human beings, because we need each other to survive. i think we keep forgetting about other humans.

i have so many other questions about the way humans are going and why.
why are we poisoning the things that keep us alive?

urgh, sometimes you wish people would be asking you the questions when you were in the mood to answer them. and ahaha, i edited the shit outta this.

*consensual, non-hierarchical, autonomous

Last edited by artemesia (May 11th, 2012 12:45 AM)

#39 May 11th, 2012 12:41 AM

blissed

I expect you've seen this haven't you.

All the earths water http://www.geekologie.com/2012/05/all-w … red-to.php

That's why I like the asteroid mining venture because we could find that much water in a couple of icy bodies in space.

Be nice to have earth as a park surrounded by all the stuff that's exiting but incompatible with earths environment happening in space. It's  hugely expensiving to shoot stuff into space but like freewheeling downhill it costs nothing to drop stuff down to earth.

Robots easily existing in space and doing so much there where we can't go I think will really focus our minds on how precious earth is, as we watch exiting things happen out in space where we can't survive. Or we observe the enormous cost and effort needed to create livable environments for us in space. 

#40 May 11th, 2012 12:49 AM

artemesia

find me the stocks blissed and i'd gladly go anarch-syndicalism on your ass.

ah-ha, that's why people in the sixties were trying to get us to stop fighting wars and get into space, so we could mine asteroids.... god-damn, they were genius's!!!!

now we have the robots, we could mine the asteroids and everyone gets to be mineral wealthier and hopefully live in an egalitarian society where this wealth is shared. somehow i'm not opposed to it.

#41 May 11th, 2012 12:51 AM

artemesia

dammit blissed, your optimism tactic might just work

#42 May 11th, 2012 06:47 AM

blissed

It's all about who owns the robots. A lot of people say if the robots own the robots we're buggered but I reckon that could be the best thing if they're super Phd brains they'll have us as pets with 90% of us full time passionate about team sports or art or both just like dogs will fetch a ball full time if they could :)

Last edited by blissed (May 11th, 2012 06:54 AM)

#43 May 11th, 2012 10:27 AM

viva

Is that like in the Avengers when Loki is like, Kneel! and all the people do cause he's crazy and killing folks but then he's like, "you love to kneel! all humans want to be dominated bwahahaha!" and everyone's like, well not really, only we don't like to die. And then one old man stands up for the human race and it is touching and - what?

back to the robots?

#44 May 11th, 2012 11:07 AM

blissed

I'll see the Avengers when it's on youtube in 8 years time.

#45 May 11th, 2012 11:26 AM

viva

Not a cinema guy, eh?

#46 May 11th, 2012 01:40 PM

bobby_h

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpkmtweNQ-U

this ones for you Blissed, and it's on youtube. I love me Perry F, since I was young and full of the devil.

#47 May 12th, 2012 05:33 AM

blissed

Thanks Bobby, I'd make a good pet. Especially as the alternative will be vivisection or being the meat part of a pie :)

Viva I've got an attention span of 30 mins, plus the snacks in cinemas are not as good as you can get at home, and you can't have the film pause there while you go to the toilet. The screen is bigger but it's further away so it's probly the same size in front of your face as the TV. And you can't wank in a cinema either. So too many draw backs. Most action movies are relentless and after 30 mins I have to turn it off til tommorrow  and watch another 30 mins. It's probably best for me to watch 5 movies in half hour chunks which is pretty much what we do when we watch TV. So really the cinema experience just isn't good enoigh for me :)

Last edited by blissed (May 12th, 2012 05:41 AM)

#48 May 23rd, 2012 02:06 AM

artemesia

no nudity, just straight up anarcho-theory

George Carlin says it so, oh well

#49 June 15th, 2012 05:59 AM

blissed

There's a thing about the Ukrainian protesters on the BBC http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-18447765

It's the same old thing of looking to ban the sex industry rather than empower the people in it.

#50 June 15th, 2012 02:13 PM

artemesia

more on femen and an australian connection here a brush with the kgb

it would be great if one of our eastern european contributors would be able to jump in with a comment on the link that blissed posted. i just remember having a conversation with viva on this. the expectation for eastern european women to be available for western tourists is incredible. I have issues with how femen address it, and I agree blissed, empowering rather than banning is the way forward, but it's a different cultural expectation that we're dealing with here. I dig femen for the fact that at least they are highlighting the issue of sex-work in the Ukraine, but damn they are so problematic with how they do it and their proposed solutions...

ok, back to straight up anarcho history..... i just stumbled on a wiki article about the town of Home in Washington. Seems that back in 1896, some anarchists decided to start a town. Best story of the day? In 1902, their post-office was closed down and moved away after the local newspaper 'Discontent: Mother of Progress' published an article advocating free-love. Against the obscenity laws at the time that was.
take that Heinlein, you ain't the grand-daddy of sexual revolution....  not even close...

ps if you have spare time in your day/life/week/ears, you should check out Emma Goldman's essays, as read by volunteers at libravox. you can download it in parts here

Last edited by artemesia (June 15th, 2012 02:14 PM)

Board footer